Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (V) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1803

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

2. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like I'm missing something because I thought Bill Gates had a decent criticism of AOC's tax proposal...mostly because asshats like Ben Shapiro are parading around Gates's criticisms...

Read more: Democrats are calling for higher taxes on the rich, and history might be on their side

"In terms of revenue collection, you wouldn't want to just focus on the ordinary income rate, because people who are wealthy have a rounding error of ordinary income," Gates, one of the richest people in the world, told The Verge. "They have income that just is the value of their stock, which if they don't sell it, it doesn't show up as income at all, or if it shows up, it shows over in the capital gains side. So the ability of hedge fund people, various people — they aren't paying that ordinary income rate."

Instead, he said, lawmakers should focus on things like the estate tax, taxes on capital and Social Security. His view may be more closely aligned with Sen. Elizabeth Warren's proposed tax policy that focuses on taxing net worth on households worth more than $50 million.

incognitojones likes this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Dems push on the brakes themselves and everyone else follows suit. Literally the most powerful people in the world act as if their own view doesn’t have a massive effect on public support for things. If Hillary or Obama or Pelosi or whoever says that something isn’t feasible then media people and polls are just going to inevitably parrot that and not even slight progress is made.

Richter915 likes this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

clucky likes this.
  6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Wharf Rat likes this.

8. That’s a no.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Wharf Rat likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

incognitojones and littlejohn like this.
  11. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

I don't think Nate Silver is that smart

12. Klobuchar’s policies are there. They just suck. I don’t even know what Booker stands for though besides “not doing anything.”

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah I don’t think of Klobuchar as running on her identity in the same way that’s been done like someone like Booker or Hillary. Which is the right move for her because she would be crushed in the charisma department compared to everyone else

14. And yet South Park was doing what again at that time ...?

Truly the biggest fuck up of maybe our species ... and we just ... did ... nothing.

incognitojones and jkauf like this.
  15. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

17. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Time to start using this mug that I made in high school

Attached Files:

18. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Bernie announcement almost made me tear up. I'm a mess. But so happy also.

19. I’m taking out my yard sign from 2016 you can’t stop me

20. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Corey Robin isn't even talking about policies there he's talking about underlying ideology. Some want to reform and some want to manage

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was looking at Batgirl comics on Amazon and got this garbage as a sponsored book

upload_2019-2-19_7-48-40.png

22. Wharf Rat

23. Wharf Rat

Leftandleaving likes this.
  24. Wharf Rat

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.