Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IX) [ARCHIVED] • Page 6

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Unfortunate that many progressives continue to misunderstand SALT and how it is actually beneficial to a lot of middle-class families in higher taxed blue states

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the SALT tax break is basically using the vast resources of the FedGov to offset costs of blue states having more progressive tax codes. Seems dumb to be against it because it could potentially end up turning the tide against high taxes in those states

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Not just work, but jobs too

Philll and aliens exist like this.
  6. Philll

Trusted

7. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

forgot about the new thread and thought it was strange how quiet the politics thread was with lack of notifications

emt0853 likes this.
  8. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

sawhney[rusted]2 and neo506 like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

incognitojones likes this.
  11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Is he legit the candidate to beat? I don’t know much about the specific campaign but I assumed his was more for publicity? Seems I’m way off

12. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Oh yeah, he’s been in a commanding lead the whole time and the numbers are just now showing signs that it *might* be getting closer. But he’s still definitely the favorite.

sawhney[rusted]2 and danielm123 like this.
  13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The publicity is what makes him the frontrunner. No other candidate has anywhere close to his name recognition

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Mass violence

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The CDC hadn’t acknowledged that covid was airborne? Where did the mask recommendations come from then?

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The masks were for particles coming from the mouth that shouldn't linger in the air for long, unlike an airborne virus

Brother Beck likes this.
  18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I would have much rather seen Andrew Yang being Biden's secretary of commerce than being the front runner for the NYC mayor race

19. Philll

Trusted

My wife has just come home from her first dose of the vaccine, and minutes after she comes in I get a text inviting me for my first dose.

Let's. Fucking. Go.

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah the CDC thing is confusing, I thought they had acknowledged it long ago, too. My family has been operating under the assumption that it's been airborne the whole time

Brother Beck and MysteryKnight like this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Sometime in the fall/winter they made a small mention of it being a possibility, but it wasn't until recently that they basically started saying "Yeah this is probably the main way it spreads"

It's a controversial thing among the epidemiology community because there's never been consensus on how frequent things are airborne. They still haven't agreed on whether flu is airborne or not.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

GrantCloud, bigmike and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread

incognitojones likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.