Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IX) [ARCHIVED] • Page 134

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It just sucks that those places are a bit of a drive for me. The only thing "authentic" near me is a cute little Indian place. Anything else is at least 30-45 minute drive.

3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Chipotle is a bad company. Don’t eat there!

neo506 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

And doesn't give you food poisoning and have unsupervised teens running the store

Contender, danielm123 and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

My neighbor has a flag that says "Pro-America, Anti-Biden". He also used to have a sign up that said "stop the steal" and put a spotlight on it at night

Victor Eremita likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly don't know why I get Chipotle at all.

bigmike and aoftbsten like this.
  8. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

Just know sometime it goes the other way fortunately. My friends wife invited her ultra conservative cousins from Arkansas or some shit over w/o telling him so he hung up a american communist party flag in his living room before haha

Elder Lightning likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I have a chipotle about a quarter-mile away from me, so I get it. It's there. It's satisfying.

dylan likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The irony is that the Punisher would ice a dude like a Trump. Also that hair fucking sucks.

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I live within a 2-minute drive of a city with a very, very large Hispanic population and there are little, legit Mexican restaurant gems all over the place, like seems to be a small restaurant on every corner of the streets within the city, yet still their Chipotle and Taco Bell are always mobbed.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

13. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I'd never choose Chipotle or Qdoba over a legit Mexican restaurant if I had the option, but a lot of people don't have that choice

Taco Bell is basically its own type of food imo

14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The most frustrating thing about the wage argument is the people who think wages should be based on skill. Fuck that. Wages should be based on the value the worker creates. For most retail chains, that is well above $15.

16. brothemighty

Trusted

Also they lie about what skills are difficult

They couldn't do for an hour what migrant farmworkers do all day every day

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

They love to equate every low-wage job to the simple act of "flipping burgers".

18. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Those fast food “flipping burger” jobs are hard when it’s busy, one of the harder and more thankless jobs I’ve ever had. if it paid the same amount as my current job I wouldn’t do it.

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, these people act like it's the same as casually grilling something at your own home. You're standing for hours over a hot griddle, you have to keep up with demand, stay organized so you don't burn anything, going back and forth between the grill and storage for inventory, assembling, etc. Sure, it's not rocket science, but it's not this brainless task people make it out to be.

Contender, Victor Eremita and Ken like this.
  21. Let’s play the game “how did the humans disappear?”

Elder Lightning likes this.
  22. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Yeah, nobody is allowed to talk shit about "low-skill" jobs until they've actually worked one.

24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Her face holding back laughter at the end is incredible.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.