Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IX) [ARCHIVED] • Page 132

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Gotta say watching Reddit try to justify this has been hilarious

3. Jason Tate Jun 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2021)
    What is their argument? No income taxes for anyone? Elon’s the daddy?

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

incognitojones likes this.
  5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Ciattarelli has 47%. Signh and Rizzo combine for 50%. If that holds, it seems the Trumpies screwed themselves, splitting the vote and getting stuck with a "RINO" as the nominee.

6. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Little of that. Little of "he actually paid more taxes last year than you ever will" with a sprinkle of "most of his money isn't actually income its stocks and he pays taxes when he sells those"

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Haha. Sounds about right.

8. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

When somebody tries to tell you there's no such thing as systemic racism, show them this.

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

But Musk smoked weed with Joe Rogan that one time he's so relatable

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

14. Michele Norris wonders what it will take for the US to finally and fully acknowledge its history of slavery.
    America experienced 246 years of slavery before it was officially ended with the passage of the 13th Amendment. That was followed by decades of legal segregation and oppression under Jim Crow, followed by a period of willful blindness and denial. A tourist from a foreign land might well conclude that the Confederacy had actually won the Civil War, based on the number of monuments, buildings and boulevards still named for heroes of its defeated army. The real truth of our shared history was a casualty of that war and, like any wound left untended, the results can be catastrophic.

A full accounting of slavery is one of terror and trauma, and for decades the natural inclination was to ask, why would anyone want to claim that history? But at a moment when the United States is dangerously divided, when we are having bitter and overdue conversations about policing, inequality and voting rights, when marauders fueled by white-nationalist rhetoric can overwhelm the Capitol, proudly waving the Confederate battle flag, the more important question is this: What happens if we don’t?

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. brothemighty

Trusted

Merrick Garland being trash only makes Obama look even worse

That nomination following the Dem playbook of conceding for any reason and also no reason

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Saw a pickup truck yesterday with a decal across the tailgate that said “I am 1776% sure no ones taking my guns” and was blown away some would buy such a dumb decal

Joe4th likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

this is the wildest one I’ve seen. And I’ve seen it multiple times.

607FAE1E-75CE-4747-B3C3-15FC9A8DC9B2.jpeg

bigmike likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't tell you how many Trump signs I still see in people's yards.

jkauf and bigmike like this.
  23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

The flag is sacred except for when there's a blue line and a skull and Trump hair, that's totally fine

24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I see tons of trump flags flying in peoples yards. It's baffling.

25. uuu

Vote Blue

Oh are we doing dumb bumper stickers? Guy next to my work has a "Got A Divorce, she got the kids and I got the Truck. I HAVE THE BEST LAWYERS" sticker and I can't even find it online which makes me think he fuckin' CUSTOM MADE that shit.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.