Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IV) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1186

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay. They put people with guns in schools, right? What does this mean? You know how a black man is shot every 28 hours? Prepare for that to be every 10 hours or so. It would be like putting hundreds of Trayvon Martins in the crosshairs of a bunch of George Zimmerman’s.

dylan, neo506, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

And every white school shooter (all of them) would just waltz in and take out dozens of kids, while they add to the totals by shooting innocent kids in the confusion. "He didn't seem like a threat!"

Dominick likes this.
  4. "He reached into his backpack, he's a huge football player, I was scared, I had to blast him."

That will be said within 5 years of this shit happening. Guaranteed.

Dominick likes this.
    iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. Nevuk

Regular

5 years? Try 5 weeks

littlejohn likes this.
  7. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

most schools have officers around already anyway, including the school where this happened, more guns in schools clearly is not the solution but fucking insane right wingers will parrot that talking point until they die

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Jeff Spicoli is gunned down by Mr. Hand

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ugh, my sister is finishing up her last semester in school for her education degree and plans to teach high school. This shit is really scaring me.

For one, I'm scared that she could get killed in a school shooting.

And now there's the possibility that my kind, innocent straight-A student of a little sister who has never even touched a gun before will be expected to "protect" her kids with one!? Jfc. I still cant even believe that she's already an adult hah

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Makes the principal’s line, “You mess with the bull, you get the horns” much more sinister.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my little sister was gonna go into teaching but quickly changed course after starting college, thank god

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. I still think about getting into teaching all the time, despite this madness

mercury and MexicanGuitars like this.
    Zac Djamoos, neo506, astereo and 3 others like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I feel so selfish being personally afraid, but it's just impossible to shake. My child who has Aspergers and desperately needs social interaction plus things only a teacher can teach is supposed to be starting school next year in south Texas and all I can think is "a teacher's going to kill him if he goes" and I want to scream.

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

20. Clean up on aisle Sanders.

RyanPm40 and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Exactly. And then we’ll be having a conversation about how he’s no angel, etc. People need to be talking about this more. White supremacy, rage, alienation, sexism, etc., is all bound up in this. In fact, I suspect that, given the sources of this phenomena, some will seek out these jobs precisely because it allows one to kill those they hate with impunity.

RyanPm40 and incognitojones like this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It just seems so incredibly hard to be a parent right now and there's no signs of it getting better. I desperately want kids within the next five years (minimum) and I really hope things improve by the time I do because I would be so scared sending my kids to school right now

RyanPm40 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  23. Oh, I forgot to say this today: fuck Billy Graham.

24. It's one of those things so shockingly stupid I can't believe it's being argued by anyone at all. We've already seen the abuse bestowed upon kids by cops in (and out of) school, and now with a straight face we're getting arguments to increase this and to give the untrained a weapon to murder one of their students.

I feel like I'm in a fucking twilight zone.

Kids get shot walking down the street by the "trained" cops. But yeah, this is the solution.

That kid with the science project clock from a few years back woulda been murdered. That's a thing that woulda happened because of this gun-lust.

MexicanGuitars and Dominick like this.
    Anthony_, mercury, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.