Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IV) [ARCHIVED] • Page 4

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Not yet but people are saying Collins is definitely a no, they're trying to bribe murkowski with more money but it was hardly an increase and she left the meeting pretty pissed.

3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I’ve been out of this thread and political Twitter for awhile now and it’s been amazing, but I’m still engaging myself politically locally. I hope everyone in here has been doing well. I see you @ing me @storm every once in a while and I miss you and I’m reading your posts I swear!

Also guess who just found out they have to administer the oath of office for the new chief of police because their boss will be on vacation and literally for all of history have their name tied to the swearing in of a cop on public documents. I’m documenting it here in this thread in case I do something locally here or nationally with DSA in the future and people google me and see that. I’m not a millennial Fetonte I swear!!

Zilla, Dominick and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Dylan, you are being very extra rn

Whatever that means

dylan likes this.
  5. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope you swore in a cop obviously you're a neo liberal shill who unconditionally supports the police....phoney.

Jason Tate and dylan like this.
  7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I’m just miss you all and was very excited to post in here for the first time in forever and needed to get that off my chest. I regret nothing, @Whatjuliansaid :heart:

AelNire, Dominick and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  8. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
  9. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

10. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Where can I find the full text of the healthcare bill? Or is it not public?

11. popdisaster00 and MysteryKnight like this.
  12. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

13. David87 likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

15. I'd love to be wrong. Can't stand Manchin. But I don't think he's going anywhere. He's probably more likely to just switch parties ... his numbers continue to go up.

16. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think he even has to switch parties because he's so popular there as a guy who is willing to "reach across the aisle" and doesn't tow the party line.

EVeryone there will claim that's the type of politician they want, while they vote in a far right wing nutjob who will do nothing but spout Republican talking points.

18. Yeah, the numbers for WV are weird. It went to Trump at +42. From March:

Liberals Would Be Foolish To Primary Joe Manchin

19. Aged well

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 5.53.24 PM.png

incognitojones likes this.
  20. Commonwealth Fund estimates:

1) 32 million lose coverage after 2026

2) 15-18 million uninsured in first plan year (2019)

3) 50% of the US population lives in states that will likely eliminate or reduce protections and essential health benefits. This would include annual/lifetime limits and pre-existing conditions.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

They honestly believed he was going to bring back the coal jobs.

And of course the racism.

Ah, Mike Castle. I was younger and more idealist but if it were Castle vs. Coons in 2010 I may have voted Castle. I honestly don't think their voting record would be very different from 2010-2016. Castle was probably more moderate than Collins, and Coons is a corporatist Democrat to the max.

22. Cue: They're all bad candidates Dovid.

[​IMG]

Turkeylegz and David87 like this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

D'AWWWW PUPPPPPPY.

Castle just seemed like a better person than Coons honestly lol.

True story: I wanted to protest vote Coons in 2014, but there was no Green Party candidate, and I wasn't voting for the Republican or the Libertarian, so I voted for the guy who was on there for the "Independent Party of Delaware" or some shit like that....I said fuck it and voted for him even though I hadn't heard of him.

Turns out he was some weird pre-Trump hybrid of a right wing faux-populist and a Tea Party nutter. lol...the website definitely had some implicit racism going on IIRC.

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Aw man, I just googled Coons to read up on something...totally forgot about the "Bearded Marxist" thing:crylaugh:

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.