Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IV) [ARCHIVED] • Page 3

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

neo506 and incognitojones like this.
  2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you guys think that because McCain and Graham are such good friends it will make McCain more likely to vote for his healthcare bill?

WordsfromaSong likes this.
  4. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Damore’s logic is muddy, but he seems to be saying that there’s an important conversation to be had about the KKK’s willingness to tap into our culture’s latent, unexplored desire for wizards and dragons. The A.V. Club, a popular culture publication, can enthusiastically rebut his argument: While people are very fucking into wizards and dragons, they avail themselves of many non-racist avenues for exploring them, including the most popular show on television, the most popular books of the millennium, and six fucking Peter Jackson movies, among others. People probably join the KKK less for the ability to use the word “dragon” than, you know, the fact that they are racist people.

https://www.avclub.com/the-google-anti-diversity-memo-guy-has-now-unleashed-th-1818597081

5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

If you want to feel better about your life, spend a half hour reading threads on r/relationships

Wharf Rat and Jason Tate like this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I really hope there’s a character based on him in Silicon Valley next season.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.

7. :crylaugh:

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think there’s more to it than just wizards being cool. Wizards and dragons are part of medieval mythology and Nazis have been infiltrating medieval studies because they imagine it to be some sort of white Christian European utopia.

What to Do When Nazis Are Obsessed With Your Field

I think Damore’s logic is more than just muddy. He conveniently ignores the fact that white supremacists have taken up the mythology of wizards as a signal of shared ideals as if it’s just an innocent fantasy free of racial context, same way he ignored the broader context of scientists refuting the studies he cited in his memo. He’s doing this shit on purpose to make racism and sexism seem not so bad.

9. All I want for Christmas are some indictments from Mueller.

10. Trump's approval rating just jumped for the first time in a while after a rocky summer
    Among Republicans, Trump's approval rating has climbed 7 points, to 80%. With independents, he has seen a 5-point uptick, to 40%.

Kyle Dropp, the cofounder and chief research officer of Morning Consult, said that "Trump's post-Charlottesville plunge proved to be short-lived, and his approval has stabilized."

"A key driver of this movement appears to be independents," he added. "Immediately after Charlottesville, 35% of independent voters approved of Trump, and 58% disapproved. In this latest poll, that has risen to 40% approval and 52% disapproval."

11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

*all I want for nuclear winter

12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

incognitojones likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

In light of the new thread, it should be mandatory that domo post once a day in here. Man, it was a great perplexing madhouse reading his interactions with folks in here.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  15. clucky

Trusted Supporter

For fans of bad twitter ratios:

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

neo506 and DarkHotline like this.
  18. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

20. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Hahaha what the fuck is this

21. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

So, have Murkowski or Collins said anything about how they're going to vote?

22. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

So they're continuing the lying strategy, seems to have worked so far

24. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.