Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (IV) [ARCHIVED] • Page 2

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I'd never say never, but it's probably not something they're gonna wanna do with 2018's midterms coming up and a possibility of Democrats seeing gains.

2. If people get out and vote in 2018, hopefully that will be much more difficult for them.

thethingis likes this.
    DarkHotline and incognitojones like this.
  5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I still don't see a way how Dems dont lose senate seats in 2018. Bad map+revolts from further left voters is bad news.

Realllly need to gain control of the House

6. Hillary's book sold 300k copies in one week.
    What Happened was easily the bestselling print title last week; Ken Follett’s new novel, A Column of Fire, clocked in at second place with 49,000 copies sold. The second highest-selling adult nonfiction title was Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown, which sold approximately 42,000 copies. S&S has gone back to press three times for the hardcover of What Happened and said there are now 800,000 copies in print.
    I think we have evidence people really like re-litigating 2016.

7. Make it easier to vote? Pssha, no way that passes.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  8. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

DarkHotline likes this.
  9. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

10. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

11. Post follows earlier NYT Mueller story

13. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

[​IMG]

Zac Djamoos, Zilla, Dominick and 2 others like this.
  14. Jose

weightless in the valley

Tha Carter IV was good

skogsraet likes this.
  15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

My goal has been to end up on the last page of an archived gen pol thread or the first page of a new thread and I have accomplished neither but here I am

Robk and Jason Tate like this.
  16. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

God I hope this evil bill dies but I'm not holding my breath

18. The effects of this past election will take generations to even sort of clean up.

popdisaster00, Zilla and David87 like this.
  19. Opinion | Undercover With the Alt-Right
    Mr. Hermansson, who was sent undercover by the British anti-racist watchdog group Hope Not Hate, spent months insinuating himself into the alt-right, using his Swedish nationality (many neo-Nazis are obsessed with Sweden because of its “Nordic” heritage) as a way in. It wasn’t always easy. “You want to punch them in the face,” he told me of the people he met undercover. “You want to scream and do whatever — leave. But you can’t do any of those things. You have to sit and smile.”

What he learned while undercover is one part of a shocking, comprehensive new report from Hope Not Hate that sheds light on the strange landscape of the alt-right, the much discussed, little understood and largely anonymous far-right movement that exists mostly online and that has come to national attention in part because of its support for Donald Trump.

As a result of the growing influence of the far-right social-media ecosystem, once-moribund hate groups in both the United States and Europe — groups that mostly existed long before “alt-right” entered the vernacular — are enjoying a striking uptick in recruitment.

This latest wave of potential members is young — teenage and 20-something men (they’re mostly men) appear to be exhibiting interest in far-right ideas in numbers that would have been unthinkable just a few years ago. These young men are being radicalized largely through the work of a popular group of new far-right internet personalities whose videos, blog posts and tweets have been consistently nudging the boundaries of acceptable conversation to the right — one of the explicit goals of racist extremists everywhere.

21. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Good. holding your breath is a preexisting condition now.

22. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

None of them know what's in this bill, not a single one of them. They've all been obviously given the talking points regarding giving power back to the states, and can't expand beyond that. Unbelievable.

incognitojones and littlejohn like this.
  23. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Ooo

24. Whatjuliansaid

lol

25. Whatjuliansaid

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.