Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (II) [ARCHIVED] • Page 4

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. No, he's a black man trying to tell you why Bernie isn't getting the black vote without a massive change. You should listen. It matters. And a lot of people are screaming this right now. Pay attention.

2. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

There are plenty of legitimate reasons Bernie didn't get the black vote, but smoothkobra is not the one articulating them.

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I wonder what states could be turned by the next election.

Obviously getting back the rust belt states that went blue for Obama is huge.

But it seems like Texas, Georgia and Arizona had smaller margins than before.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i dont know how this makes him a troll. just makes him an asshole that has said some really, really dumb shit

6. It'll depend on what happens with a variety of policies in those states. Because some may move and create more segregation. But I think those are more purple by 2024.

7. Dismiss their voices at your candidate's risk. It's loud right now.

8. I can promise you if all you want are "pure" voices in your revolution. You're fucked.

Carmensaopaulo and cshadows2887 like this.
  9. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I'm dismissing *a* voice, singular, because he's a sexist, transphobic, red-baiter who trolled left twitter the entire primary with disingenuous bullshit. I mean the statement by the Bernie campaign that smoothkobra spun as Bernie "declaring victory for Trump's actions" didn't mention Trump nor was it based on the election results.

MyBestFiend and gonz (Alex) like this.
  10. Enjoy your weekend.

11. John

Trusted Prestigious

i can't speak about this is great detail, but among other things, they make adjustments to the polls based on if they find them historical biased in one direction or another. it's not just raw poll data.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

This is Bernie "declaring victory for Trump's actions"

EngineDown and Aregala like this.
  14. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Re the conversation: Trump managed to be intersectional, Clinton did not.

EngineDown likes this.
  16. John

Trusted Prestigious

i was talking about this with someone the other day. she was "their" candidate to some people. rooted in her husband to some extent. and Trump came along and spoke directly to those people.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

White guilt is their worst nightmare. They will snap at the first notice of it.

18. How?

19. Can we please keep smooth fucking kobra out of this thread going forward? Much obliged.

EngineDown and tkamB like this.
  20. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Chelsea better be noticeably left of her parents if she doesn't want their legacy constantly leaning over her as she begins this journey.

21. I'm not down with silencing black voices. Everyone needs to listen to them even if they're "problematic".

22. John

Trusted Prestigious

ha. their legacy is always going to be there, right? and it'll mean different things to different people.

23. I'm not convinced she'll ever run. But what do I know. Malia Obama 2050.

24. Alec Joy

Regular Prestigious

That elevator looks like it's made of gold and diamonds and idiots thought this dude was one of them

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Jason Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.