Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (II) [ARCHIVED] • Page 3

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I went to Kent. Every year, we were reminded of how well it went.

Turkeylegz and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Hi.

4. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i'm having a hard time thinking what position it would be. any likely one that he'd be "qualified" for, i feel like he has people closer in his inner-circle he'd prefer

5. I think Trump thinks sending tweets about winning is what his job is ...

6. Head of Homeland Security is what I saw floated.

EngineDown likes this.
  7. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

There is way too little talk about security partly because people don't like being inconvenienced, partly because it really is pretty complicated even if you're pretty tech savvy, and partly because the dissemination of info is deliberately suppressed because the people who stand to benefit from access to your data don't want people to know.

I'm going to make a couple posts over in this thread to try and break it down.

Whatjuliansaid and Jason Tate like this.
  8. John

Trusted Prestigious

i don't want to give Nate too much credit because he still got it wrong and in an incredibly meaningful way, but i don't blame him given the absurd amount of shit he got from the media and some other aggregators.

i can't help but wonder what role the polls (less 538, and more the others like the NYT and HuffPo) played in the results as well. how it informed the media's approach to covering the election foremost and if it led low-enthusiasm voters to stay home or vote third party. of course, a perception of a closer race would have also turned out more Trump voters, but higher turnout tends to favor Dems, so...

beachdude42 and Jason Tate like this.
  9. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

It hasn't even been a week. These next few years are gonna be exhausting.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and neo506 like this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm curious how a guy who's used to doing g whatever he wants whenever he wants is going to react to having his daily schedule made for him every day. Early mornings, late nights. I take a very small satisfaction in knowing he's going to be miserable at times.

BirdPerson likes this.

11. This is how it happens here: We censor education.

Zac Djamoos, EngineDown, Robk and 5 others like this.
  12. I think it played a roll. You had Edward Snowden himself saying it was the safest race to vote third party cause of the Upshot %. And I think it led to the media seeing it as foregone conclusion. Looks like the polls were actually not even as off as 2012. Just then they were off Pro Obama. This time they were off Pro Trump. Michigan looked so completely not a close race that of course people made choices cause of that. Campaign and voters alike.

13. I truly don't think he has, or had, any idea what the job actually entails. He wanted to just do rallies. He doesn't want to govern. He'll give the real duties to a shadow government and people no one elected will be making the real decisions.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. I'm telling you, Bernie will not be the nominee if he doesn't figure out a better outreach to poc groups. They're pissed.

16. Under discussed in the hatred of super delegates (which ultimately didn't decide the dem nom): they probably would have stopped Trump.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  17. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

What poc group does smoothkobra represent exactly?

19. Go read his timeline. I don't wanna speak for him.

20. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I'm familiar with him, he's a troll.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

how is he a troll?

22. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Ive debated with this for a long time, I still dont know how to feel about it. I looked up some of the ones who picked him and like..... Very unimpressive. As a matter of fact, one was a children's book author.

23. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I disagree that Nate got it wrong (or at least, that he deserves blame for that). Nate was only using the information he was given by the polls and the polls were wrong, but he also got it right that the information the polls gave him might be wrong.

24. Kill me.

EngineDown likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.