Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (II) [ARCHIVED] • Page 2

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Drove past city hall just now, hundred people or so marching out front. Best I could do at the time was honk in solidarity.

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

There were people protesting out there last night too, apparently. I heard helicopters circling for a half hour and had no idea what was up.

EngineDown likes this.
    Robk, popdisaster00 and EngineDown like this.
  5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Wtf were they thinking

Zac Djamoos, Aregala, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

more of this please, not all heroes wear capes, her obviously not him

7. Yes. All of this.

EngineDown likes this.
  8. They (Clinton campaign) didn't run ads in LA. Those are congressional ads and Steyer ads. Wildly misleading tweet.

9. Fwiw it's anecdotal but I'm seeing a lot of this:

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

YEah I know it wasnt actually from the campaign but he says it's presidential race ads

Assuming it's from interest groups or something I dunno.

11. It's all Steyer.

12. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Yep. I recommend ProtonMail and Signal. Important to remember end-to-end encryption means both sides. Do not email someone's gmail account from a secure account. Also, encryption is only as strong as the key used to encrypt. Passwords need to be LONG and have nothing that relates to you in them. Pick random words out of the dictionary and make it as long as possible. Don't keep it written down anywhere, least of all in a document on your device. ~95% of passwords I've ever cracked were cracked in less than five minutes because they have data related to the user in them or I found them written down somewhere.

And this is probably the most important, meet in person and take the batteries out of your devices. No joke. People can use and are using your devices against you. Even if they haven't made it into your device to use the mic and camera, they know where you are, when you're there, and who else is there. That is enough information to plan an attack against your group.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit just realized the old thread got 200+ pages of post last week. Ended at 755 and Page 555 was still Nov 4. How many other threads have 200 pages in total?

In unrelated news, looks like Nate has finally written his smug "I fucking tried to warn you guys about how much room for error was in this election" piece Why FiveThirtyEight Gave Trump A Better Chance Than Almost Anyone Else

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

that makes more senses. Thanks jason

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
    clucky and Aregala like this.
  19. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I think you made me twice as confused and twice as paranoid.

dylan likes this.
  20. Remember that many Trump advisors take cues from RT. Don't be surprised if they try this shit here.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Does the presidency mean that Trump will require reports from an actual doctor and those are public?

22. Jesus what the fuck. If he gets appointed to anything I'm going to fucking lose it.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it worked well in Kent State

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.