Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion [ARCHIVED] • Page 893

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

2. Yep.

incognitojones likes this.
  3. dpatrick23

Regular Supporter

4. Chris Prindle likes this.
  5. Podesta doesn't seem that worried about what the emails may be.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

What a guy...I'd love to do something like that.

7. Trotsky

Trusted

Every cycle, you get trendster political activists, civilian and celebrity alike, that get intensely even if still superficially interested in politics and then go along on their way come December, but Ruffalo honestly does seem like a real good guy who is genuinely passionate, and it's awesome to see him getting involved. Seeing people like him and that gal from that teen action movie get involved at the grassroots level sets a great example for the many people who admire them.

Given Leo DiCaprio's professed passion for conservation issues, I had hoped he'd assumed a similar position, which I'm sure would attract much more attention.

8. Does the DOJ/FBI have guidelines on when they release information around an election? Feel like that's important.

9. If it is "nothing-ish", and Trump went on the record like he did this morning like a bafoon, that would be a positive spin.

10. Related to Facebook ads from before:
    The Fair Housing Act of 1968 makes it illegal “to make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published any notice, statement, or advertisement, with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.” Violators can face tens of thousands of dollars in fines.

I didn't realize it was about a housing ad. Facebook sucks.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  14. John

Trusted Prestigious

Shakriel and incognitojones like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

The treatment of women would be about the same though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Right or wrong, this doesn't seem like the sort of statement that will be helpful.

18. Why? I think it's just about right. They're saying: give us the information, give the american public the information, I think that's the right statement to make.

19. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

It just strikes me as off, for lack of a better term. There isn't necessarily a rational thing I can put into words, it just sort of strikes me as lecturing a public official, which I don't give a fuck about, but many do and to situate it in the context of the election can come off as self-serving/whiney. Again, this is just how it strikes me and I understand if others see it differently.

20. Get the Bluth stair car. Fuck it, it's what we deserve.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and sophos34 like this.
  21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Hillary Clinton Finally Weighs In On Dakota Access Pipeline

Clinton campaign statement on Dakota Access Pipeline (Spoiler alert: It says literally nothing of importance and is bullshit):

"We received a letter today from representatives of the tribes protesting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline. From the beginning of this campaign, Secretary Clinton has been clear that she thinks all voices should be heard and all views considered in federal infrastructure projects. Now, all of the parties involved—including the federal government, the pipeline company and contractors, the state of North Dakota, and the tribes—need to find a path forward that serves the broadest public interest. As that happens, it’s important that on the ground in North Dakota, everyone respects demonstrators’ rights to protest peacefully, and workers’ rights to do their jobs safely."

22. I still don't understand what the Clinton campaign is supposed to say during the election about the pipeline when they won't take office until January. You can't really say anything besides that —as weak/political speak as it is.

Now, I have some other politicians that currently should be saying/doing more in mind that are actually in office ...

MysteryKnight likes this.

23. And yeah, why not say any of this in your letter? If it has nothing actually to do with Clinton?

24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Why wouldn't it be appropriate to say if she is for or against it? Shouldn't people have the right to know how she feels in case this is still an issue when she gets into office? I would like I know how the person I am going to vote for feels about it. Now based on what we know, chances are she does support it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.