Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion [ARCHIVED] • Page 7

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Shores

I was totally nervous to go to Japan.

I disagree with a huge portion of his platform BUT he was also one of the better candidates in his party. I think he has noticed how divided his party is and probably doesn't want any part of it.

It'll probably end up being Ted Cruz, but we can dream.

2. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

If he's going to endorse Cruz, weird move there to potentially lead people astray with "YUGE"

3. Andrew Shores

Look at his tweets - I really think he's trollin'.

4. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah "yuge" makes it seems Bernie but I just can't see him doing that. They have some similar policies but on the major ones they differ greatly. Plus tomorrow is April fools day. I will say that Rand was the only republican that I didn't hate.

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Likelihood in decreasing order:

1) April fools joke
    2) Doesn't actually endorse anyone specifically, instead endorses something like 'freedom'
    3) Johnson
    4) Trump
    5) Cruz
    6) Some other republican
    7) Sanders
    8) Clinton

6. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

jesus i forgot tomorrow was April 1st

Andrew Shores likes this.
  7. Andrew Shores

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess we don't learn as we age.

9. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I'm afraid of change, what can I say.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha same.

Tried to think of another Brand New quote to respond to this post too but couldn't . For Shame.

11. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Trump has been mocking Paul for a while now, I'd be shocked if that's it

12. undonesweater

Regular

Just witnessed this in person. Wow.

13. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Wow indeed

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

well...that answers that. ha. shit. even so, he's still probably the best choice for establishment conservatives. the rest can believe that the government is for "defense defense defense" and winners and stuff...sigh.
    it's cool i'm probably ruining america too. but i do know that this go around, my father and brother do not like the leading GOP candidate, so that's some common ground at least. it was tough in '08 knowing my dad had a McCain sign in his yard when his kid was hoping his marriage in CA wouldn't be invalidated or some shit like that thanks prop 8 and McCain for going right to appeal to the base

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

holy shit. that was a brilliant speech. just, brilliant.

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  16. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Andrew Shores

RT if you had to google "entrophy" :speakno:

18. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Goofy ass dude

19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

20. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Teachers union has triple the public support of Emanuel

Chicago teachers union had a one day strike. The support for them is triple the supper for Rahm Emmanuel. This is great. Unions have been demonized for some time, but I'm hoping this is part of a broader push-back against decades of neoliberalism.

21. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

22. southwisconsin

lurker

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Hillary has really ramped up the attacks against Sanders lately, especially since he has been doing really good lately. Honestly if anyone needs to change their tone it is her. All Bernie and the other people she has been snapping at have been telling the truth about her. And the truth is not an attack.

24. J.C. Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

it isn't all that legitimate an attack, at least to the degree that bernie is guilty of receiving the same donations from individuals in those energy industries. the bigger indictment is that hillary still doesn't understand the political terrain on which she's operating, that she struggles running even when she's ahead, that she's begrudgingly conciliatory despite having the nomination in hand.

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Does Bernie still have a shot yeah? I'm hoping with the media painting Clinton as a for-sure winner already, her supporters get lazy and he can steal a couple states, get some more momentum.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.