Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion [ARCHIVED] • Page 2

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Oh my god CNN saying "it isn't GOOD that they shut down this Trump rally" actually I think it's really good when violent psuedo-fascist white supremacists are denied a platform to spread their nazi bullshit

2. Charlie Joseph

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man... Prestigious

Seeing the people of Chicago shut down a Trump rally, warms my heart. I hope this spreads.

3. Wharf Rat

"Rioting is the purest expression of free speech"

Don't let anyone spout any free speech bullshit at you over this

beachdude42 and PyramidPostcard like this.
  4. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

His entire platform rests on evoking a violent nostalgia for the picture-perfect America of the post-war era, where, just out of frame, you can see people being lynched, beaten, sexually assaulted by their husbands, etc. That they closed it down for safety concerns is ridiculous. They're objectively making the world unsafe for anyone who is not a cis, white male.

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm really glad Dom is here now so that I can continue reading his posts from afar.

beachdude42, Jason Tate and Wharf Rat like this.
  6. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, Hillary said this:

“It may be hard for your viewers to remember how difficult it was for people to talk about H.I.V./AIDS back in the 1980s,” Mrs. Clinton, who was attending Mrs. Reagan’s funeral in Simi Valley, Calif., told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell. “And because of both President and Mrs. Reagan – in particular, Mrs. Reagan – we started a national conversation, when before nobody would talk about it. Nobody wanted anything to do with it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...nton-lauds-reagans-on-aids-a-backlash-erupts/

In actuality, the Reagan administration was quite slow to act, some of his staffing joking about it and calling it the "gay plague". Nancy Reagan turned down Rock Hudson's request to intervene on his behalf to get treatment from one of the only hospitals that could do so.

7. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

the Reagan administration likely caused a horrifying amount of deaths because of their negligence. That's sickening revisionism, even for her. Yet the Human Rights Campaign and other mainstream gays will probably continue to support her campaign.

8. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

The Reagan administration sucks to say the least. Such a glorified era.

Raku likes this.
  9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Admittedly I a spokesperson at HRC condemned her statement (not that I'm super fond of them anyway)

beachdude42 and PyramidPostcard like this.
  10. PyramidPostcard

[​IMG]

-_-

Raku likes this.
  11. Wharf Rat

Wtf

Raku likes this.
  12. Malatesta

i'm not clear what's wtf or -_- about that?

13. Wharf Rat

"Violence has no place in our politics," besides being ambiguous as to whether she's talking about the protesters or the Trump supporters, is hilariously inaccurate to what the reality of her politics have been historically, because they have resulted in not only brutal dictatorships installed by violent coup in other countries but the brutalizing of black and poor people the US. And I'm inclined to think she's condemning the protesters when she then goes on to hold up "melting hearts at the statehouse" as the 'correct' way to create change. I'm not with any condemnation of what happened last night, from anyone

Raku and PyramidPostcard like this.
  14. Malatesta

oh yeah it is rich coming from someone as hawkish as Hillary.

Raku likes this.
  15. Malatesta

16. PyramidPostcard

beachdude42, Wharf Rat and AelNire like this.
  17. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Political discussion on reddit continues to give me endless entertainment.

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Wut?

carina likes this.
  19. Wharf Rat

lol of course

20. Malatesta

[​IMG]

schlotty, stnewton and AelNire like this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It's crazy that Trump's supporters can't see the connection between Trump spreading hatred, mistrust, and violent rhetoric throughout literally his entire campaign, and the violence that such rhetoric will inevitably lead to. Own up to the monster you created.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Republicans are supposedly all about a "culture of responsibility", yet I've literally never seen Trump take responsibility for anything.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. carina

yr royal highness

25. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.