Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion [ARCHIVED] • Page 1355

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a little on the blame wagon. Especially the purity voters that are now all "how did this happen!" -- after I spent fucking months warning them about this. Not quite to the level of @shoq, but I sure am not happy about it.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I mean if you're on the blame wagon after looking at the numbers you're just blaming people for no reason and actively going against the goal to unify. Just sayin.

3. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I was referring to all of the administrations over the last few decades. The wrong lesson to take away from this is "if not for those emails". It is a part of the narrative, but not the broader problem, in my opinion.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

imo a misstep was so many clinton supporters being so dismissive of poc. poc raised concerns about what hillary has done to their home countries or the countries where their families live, as well as her past racist campaign tactics, and instead of actually addressing these concerns I heard a lot of "so trump is better??!" with no real meaningful critique of Clinton or anything to make poc feel good about clinton and assuage their fears of clinton. I even had someone tell me "why should she have to earn votes?" there was this weird entitlement. and I get it in a sense cause it should be a no brainer to not vote for Trump, but it put a lot of ppl off and most ppl I know who voted for her did so unhappily, and did not feel that hope and excitement needed to really rally around a candidate. despite so many poc being dismissed and mistreated they still came out and held it down for her by voting and I still see ppl blaming minorities for trumps win. we're not voting enough or for the right ppl, and now we're being told to accept his win and all hold hands and sing. minorities always expected to step up when nobody steps up for us like...

It's just exhausting, the whole thing. idk im rambly but this whole thing has been awful and seeing the media legitimize him is unreal.

5. Maybe. But I'm not convinced. If not for variety of things that should be getting way more attention, we wouldn't be in this situation. A foreign government and our own FBI impacted our elections. (We own goaled with suppression and few things too.) But I think it's hard to draw any conclusions from these results given what transpired and is now basically a footnote.

6. John

Trusted Prestigious

best case scenario, i'll never forget that people who could've voted to stop Trump didn't. but he's here now. so i'm trying to keep in mind that it's not productive.

7. Yep. I'm pissed. Trump voters are dead to me. But I'm not gonna dwell, I'm pushing forward. But the next time someone tries to tell me about "the lesser evil" I'm pointing to Trump and saying nothing else.

John likes this.
  8. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I agree Johnson was a shitty candidate for them, but honestly I don't think it's the right time to further the left-libertarian divide. I really think it'd be constructive to form left/libertarian alliances at this point, especially in legislatures. Alot of the left agrees with them on things that are going to be heavily important in the next for years like civil liberties and non foreign intervention, and alot of them hate Trump too so it'd smart to reach out to them instead of shaming them at this point. Remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Just look at Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich, both held completely different competing ideologies miles apart on the political spectrum, but they were two of the loudest detracting voices in congress against destructive Bush administration polices, and they (i believe) worked together on and co-sponsored a number of bills to help combat those destructive policies. We need more of that.

Aregala likes this.
  11. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

In any event, I'm more concerned with letting the establishment off of the hook. I'm more interested in the upcoming reconfiguration of party to see what lessons have been learned on their end.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Did you not uh read my post? Seriously. I said give them knowledge about how bad he is, not shame them.

Also the enemy of my enemy is not my friend if they're my enemy too. Right wing economics are an enemy

13. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

14. John

Trusted Prestigious

does airing protests live help or hurt the cause? i was thinking about that last night watching MSNBC. how they could instead be using that time to discuss the laundry list of the questions and concerns about Trump. and how it could just feed in to the narrative of "rioters" and looters".

15. Bernie voters still yelling at Terell Starr. There's a reason Clinton got way more votes that goes relatively unaddressed. His immense problems as a candidate, I fear, go un-vetted because of the result of this election.

16. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

They did vote against him. They just didn't vote for Hillary. They voted against her too. Of course, if your argument is that the only way to vote against him is to vote for Hillary than that's that, I understand.

19. Yeah that's been my argument. I feel slightly justified now saying I believe I was right.

20. Well done everyone.

21. John

Trusted Prestigious

23. It's worse than Bush cause he surrounded himself with people that have no clue either.

Fuck him for not dropping out after the tape.

He's gonna be the worst president of all time and I got two of them in my life and I'm mad. Are we in a simulation?

25. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Why are my liberal friends so not-scared? They don't seem to be worried about fascism at all. Treating protesters like a joke and talking about every conceivable reason not to protest, but never asking or talking about why there is protesting.

I honestly don't think they even know what people are protesting...
    I do not get it. Every attempt to talk and encourage protest and political outcry is met with a message of "understanding" the people on the opposite side. I just don't even know what to make of it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.