Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I like you. You should chat with us sometimes.

dadbolt and lish like this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay lightning. So how can we resolve it?

MikeyPaine and lish like this.
  3. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I was here for that. Still don't understand the big problem with it. It just seems like a bunch of people talking to each other, which is the point of a forum. *shrug*

BirdPerson and dadbolt like this.
  4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not the one with spite, but I don't like problems lingering. Also your post ending with these two statements seems...conflicting lol

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I didn't like the "Like Every Post..." thread at all and post in A1 all the time. But I get why the context is a bit different about the thread so I understand not necessarily wanting to post there. I guess what I'm wondering though is what would the difference be with the tension if everyone was just posting in here

Aaron Mook and dadbolt like this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I just post wherever the people I like post the most.

BirdPerson and lish like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah Im just a realist and know nobody will do something cause I said so. Hence that second to last statement haha.

8. Fucking Dustin

Also I hate Dan

9. Fucking Dustin

But I love Dan

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Ohhh, SPITE. I thought that said Sprite.

11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Ya there were some specific reasons why the Like Every thread needed to go, clogging up feeds, making the like feature redundant, etc. If there are people in the A1 thread that are problematic that's a different issue. I'm curious (genuinely), how it's different from other threads, though? General Chat has it's own thing going too and there will be unpleasant people in any thread.

We need to be willing to hear people out guys, especially if they're uncomfortable.

ChaseTx and oldjersey like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I completely understand people getting annoyed with the Like thread, but I honestly don't get why people who made friendships on here can't post in a certain thread? I guarantee you there are scores of people who don't wanna post in here either. Not for any positive or negative reason. That's just the way these work.

dadbolt and lish like this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Is the A1 thread literally just a themeless chat thread? 'Cause two chat threads in General seems really dumb.

If people feel uncomfortable, they should talk it out, apologize for their part in making others uncomfortable (even if unintentionally), and work to avoid that in the future. And if that problem doesn't exist, unless there's an easy to explain purpose for two chat threads, combine the threads, dang it!

Needlessly fractured communities are dumb.

lightning13 and oldjersey like this.
  14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

It's conflicting because I think merging the threads isn't going to resolve the deeper issue at hand. There are reasons why people prefer A1 to general (general moves a lot faster and some people can't keep up with the conversation, and they feel left out). I like the people in both, but I can keep up with the A1 more and I've been posting in it longer. Certain people also talk to certain people more on here, which is imo completely natural, and it can be weird to have multiple convos going on at the same time in general. The moderation issue does need to be addressed though.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've never felt part of any cliques. I don't talk to anyone here outside of the site or rly even PM anyone regularly. not that I think it's inherently cliquey to meet up or talk outside the site. I think it's cute when y'all do that. I am just trying to say

635861009545323242928824913_635783896877744805-1887627354_lone wolf.gif

Ps omg a spider was just crawling on my leg and I freaked out!

ChaseTx, lish, dadbolt and 6 others like this.
  16. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

has anyone else ever noticed that when you quote someone it says what number they are? for examples sake mine says "member: 79", and that means i was the 79th member to create an account on chorus. pointless discovery, but kind of fun.

oldjersey and Fucking Dustin like this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

What am I?

18. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

youre 183. also if you hover over your avatar, it should say the number in the URL preview. you can also just quote one of your own posts haha

19. Fucking Dustin

I did notice that and I mess with it a lot haha

I'm 135 I think?

EDIT: Yup

20. Mr. Serotonin

Not badddd

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

240 which is 420 inside out because smoking weed is twisted

dadbolt, Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

smoking weed got you twisted

24. Fucking Dustin

Met some of my best friends and got in a relationship cuz of that thread so thanks again thread!

I definitely get you though, that's how I used to be and I always tried to avoid things getting clique-y but it got to a point where I just kinda fell into it

Ps I am so sorry about the spider and I hope it's long gone now!

dadbolt likes this.
  25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm #81. Rad. First 100, suckerz.