Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 239

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. starcmr

I think I might help you

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Gaharit

3. Jolllle Oct 4, 2022
    (Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2022)
    Jolllle

Hey guys, any cool mobile games? I find word games a great way to pass time and exercise my brain. I play crossword, scrabble, and word-brain games on my phone. So I would be grateful for any recommendations. I also can share this tool word-finder.com/7-letter-words/. It's a real find for everyone who likes word games too.

4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Hi all,

Looking for some support, kids are expensive.

Long story short, after not making the Sophomore team in HS (they chose height), he and his trainer that we’ve had for a couple years amped it up a notch. This last month, he tried out for Idaho Premier, a club team that we’ve been with a while, but he made the Regional Team, which we can’t afford all that easily. He has 4 out of state Tournaments (Phoenix, LA, Portland and Vegas) and the team is doing fund raising for friends and family to help with travel expenses.

If any are willing and able, we could use the help…we are just trying to help our son raise money to live out a dream, and hopefully be able to keep playing competitive ball at a high level. There are NCAA peeps at these tournaments and he has a chance to “wow” some folks.

My wife’s Venmo is @Kiah-Prindle and sponsors can donate a flat fee or bid an amount on how many free throws he makes tomorrow out of 100.

Thanks for considering

St. Nate likes this.
  5. brothemighty

Trusted

Lily Collins's dad is Phil Collins WHAT

She's not even British

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Does anyone have design/color chops here? I am producing some insulated mugs for a page I run and I cannot get the colors to feel "right" on the type portion. I'm pretty locked in to that background blue, but something still feels off about the black as being too dark.

I tried color-matching the design but they're all too in the middle of the light/dark spectrum to really pop. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 12.54.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 12.57.36 PM.png

7. I will preface this by saying that I understand the importance of advertising on this site and I do support it when I'm not dirt poor (not getting paid for three months while student teaching wrecked our finances) but holy shit, this is baaaaaad:

Attached Files:

8. emmabruj386

hi guys , here i ve a great website where you can grab a lot of information and clear your queries

9. amprok

Hi there. I’m new here. Feeling nostalgic for music message boards if the early 00’s and Google brought me here. Cheers from California.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hey y'all, my friend of 22 years, @Jada is undergoing an emo renaissance and rediscovering/discovering a lot of classics we regularly discuss on the site. She just joined today so I thought I'd introduce her. Be nice!!!

11. Jada

Nostalgia Queen

Good to meet you all! :heart:

hermanthehermit and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Welcome!!

Jada likes this.
  13. frankfromquebec

She calls it a mayonegg

I signed up this morning, but I used to browse absolutepunk daily, hang out in the forums and read the reviews back in 2007-2011.

What happen to the staff of that era ?

14. abipal

New to this site, I am into puzzles/games. I started with video games but eventually moved on to more brain teasers. I enjoy chess and word games such as Crosswords and Wordle. Lately, I have started a site to help crossword addicts solve cryptic crossword puzzles. Looking forward to connecting with like-minded people here.

15. heartstrings93

Aspiring Aspirer

Hey all, I'm new! I'm a longtime lurker of the music internet universe, deciding to join in the conversation finally. Outside of music, I'm into software, running, cocktails, the occasional video game, and experimental theater. Hope to be seeing you around!

16. jisson

Christmas has become increasingly boring over the years.

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yo

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

angrycandy and AelNire like this.
  19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

angrycandy and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. Colby Searcy

All is well, just surviving one day at a time. Kids keep me insane constantly but it’s good!

what’s new with you?

AelNire likes this.
  21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Not too much. Was in a car wreck and broke the fuck out of my wrist so I’m outta work for a while.

22. joseforum

I’m really sorry to hear about your accident and injury, @AelNire. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you’re back on your feet soon. Take care!