Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 238

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Millie Lockhart

I do apologise as I'm new to this page so let me know if this is not allowed.
    I live in the UAE, sister in UK. We have 2 x 3 day tickets for this years Governor's Ball which we need to sell as my sister can't travel from UK to the US - this is such a shame and we are so gutted!
    What's the best way to go about this? I've emailed the team at Governor's Ball several times but hear nothing back.
    Thank you x

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not sure if there’s a thread for this.
    I’m going to have to go on a stricter budget. My rent is increasing and so is my car insurance and gas (getting new car). I’m trying to to over buy food and waste food. I live alone and things end up going to waste. Trying to look for “freezer meals” or cheap meals that will last me a few days. Also essential items that I can buy in bulk (not exactly Costco bulk since I don’t have storage room), but like dish soap. The gallon you can buy at Home Depot for under $10 you have to make a mixture of it from what I saw. I have hand soap I bought that will last me a while. I catch myself wasting energy and I hate it. Any other budgeting tips people have that live paycheck to paycheck ?

summertimejesus likes this.
  3. Night9

Hi

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey

irthesteve, Ken and Night9 like this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Sup

Ken likes this.
  6. Lakayla Huff

Why am I so confused about this site.. just wanted to buy tickets for vagas October 22 broo someone make it make sense!

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Fine, I'll buy it.

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Any matter I desire you say?

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Carmen SD

Trusted

Is there a thread where we can share our thrift store/goodwill finds?
    I’m working on finding all the books to the series of unfortunate events and tales of peter rabbit. Also if I find any children’s book a from my childhood that I loved in good condition.

I found a one of those “party” adult card games that retails about $25 for less than $4. It was in really good condition and probably barely used. I’m assuming someone got it as a gift and didn’t want it. Anyway because I hangout with some friends sometimes and we try to find games to play, I bought it. Otherwise I’d have no use for it. Occasionally I’ll look at what board games they have. I want to find some classics that are copyrighted before 1980

Victor Eremita likes this.
  10. H.A

Need a bit of help getting views. I want to study Hospitality Management.
    One of my dream schools is hosting a competition. Please support me!(by viewing & sharing) This would really help me a lot if you don't mind.

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Anyone here own a dash cam?

12. brothemighty

Trusted

Fifth anniversary of the site revamp is tomorrow

I only remember because it was April Fool's Day

Victor Eremita likes this.
  13. six years!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. brothemighty

Trusted

scott likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I still remember back in high school when I was shit posting on absolutepunk in my computers class when I was bored fun times

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Who’s seeing Jawbreaker

I’m beyond stoked. Anyone know if they did a repressing of Dear You?

Joe4th likes this.
  17. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Long shot: does anybody have a Billboard subscription? Trying to access a specific chart from 2017 and they're locked unless you're a subscriber. And there's no monthly payment option to subscribe, only annually. And that's over $100. :seeno:

18. starcmr May 17, 2022
    (Last edited: May 18, 2022)
    starcmr

@painting Hello. I am here for a paint question.

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I want to jump on the bandwagon and get a hydro flask and decorate it with stickers. I don’t particularly like any of the color options online. And I don’t know where to find cool stickers. I really like the ombré ones that you see in Hawaii and my dumb ass thought I was actually going to go again so I didn’t buy one when I went there few years ago. I’m kinda thinking about waiting to buy one and collecting stickers until I come across one I like.

anyone here have a decorated hydro flask?

20. Colby Searcy

Had to look up what a hydro flask is but I do have a metal water bottle with a bunch of stickers

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I have a hydroflask with stickers but I screwed up on the placement and now I hate it and hardly use it

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sorry to post out of the blue but wanted to say thank you.

This time last week we were waiting for then my baby daughter (then 10 weeks) to go for her open heart surgery. Saying goodbye and handing her over was the hardest thing we’ve ever done.

During the surgery they recommend leaving the hospital. It was the weirdest feeling. We went out for breakfast - strange that the first time we’d had by ourselves for 10 weeks was due to a huge operation where we didn’t know what the outcome might be due to the risks involved.

Anyway, after a while and lots of understandable emotions we were just sat around and I needed something to take my mind off things. I couldn’t even listen to music or podcasts so I ended up spending ages reading through this thread, the remembering absolutepunk thread and the reasons to keep living thread. I’ve never posted here as far as I remember but I was grateful to have something to take my mind off things whilst my wife scrolled Instagram.

Anyway, I am pleased to say that my daughter’s operation was successful and she is alive and kicking (literally). She has some more health related challenges ahead and we never expected to walk such a path but we are thankful for her and I am thankful for mindless entertainment on an internet site that has been a huge part of my life time and time again.

Thank you.

We are hoping to leave hospital today. Baby recovery time from huge surgery is so surprising!

23. Colby Searcy

:heart:

Hoping for a quick recovery and continued health for everyone!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. I can’t find an official motorcycle thread on here, but my best buddy posted a suuuuuper cool story on his IG showing the process of making custom shit on his motorcycle. So if you’re into that kind of shit, or resin molds, check it out before it’s gone!

https://instagram.com/hoopyhaze?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

UPDATE: looks like he pinned it all to his profile so it won’t disappear. Well worth the watch if you’re into nerdy design stuff.

25. PureBlueSF Aug 2, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2022)
    PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Wasn't sure where else to post this or who will even really give a shit, but I competed in a Dance Dance Revolution tournament over the weekend in Pittsburgh and had so much fun. 4th place in the lower division, which is the highest I've ever placed in any tournament.

Here's the timestamps of my matches in case any of you want to watch:

https://youtu.be/tbD6Hu0ul88
    https://youtu.be/whp_xEkM-Kg
    https://youtu.be/M8jtp5WUSDQ

Jada, scott, hermanthehermit and 2 others like this.