Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 234

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

riotspray likes this.
  2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I'm stepping out of my shell to try and front a band again. A band just sent me some demos that are next level and honestly are intimidating to me as a vocalist to try and scream and sing too. Like the music gets me excited but also like FUCK I don't want to mess this up.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

keep up the good work!

4. Disco

Hello to all, wish you a good day!!

5. Daniel Morales

Hello,.Happy to join to the forum:hearteyes::thumbup:

Disco likes this.
  6. aradonline

Bear Music

Hi there, please check an evaluate my creations

If you like it, please subscribe and evaluate my music and video creations.

Youtube chanel link: Bear Studio Channel

Thanks and hope you enjoy it.

Daniel Morales likes this.
  7. Daniel Morales

Good, I like it!

8. Weird LiBrary

Regular

I used to be fairly active in the AP community, and (for whatever reason) always just assumed there were no forums on chorus.

Anyway, hello, I'm 4 years late. Nice to meet you all.

Kiana likes this.
  9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So there’s this amazing hotel/bar/restaurant chain up here in the PNW called McMenamins. All their main hotels have a bunch of restaurants and bars, a movie theater, soaking pool, and spa, in addition to other things. They’re still allowing reservations (after May 22) and yesterday I went in and made reservations at three of them for every weekend after that until the end of June, since they allow free cancellations up to 24 hours before. With the amount of extra cash I’m making right now (grocery worker) plus the stimulus, I just plan to go the first weekend I can and just go full opulence. Only thing getting me through right now.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Are you gonna stay at the Kennedy school?? I've always wanted to stay there

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that’s the one I’ve never been to, definitely put in reservations there. It’s a bit pricier than Edgefield or Grand Lodge though.

12. Reino Torikka

Hi there,

I’m new here so I don’t if this goes to right place...

I’m Reino, old rock’n’roll dude from Joensuu, Finland. Singer and guitarist.

Just found this old demo of ours from ’92 that never got anywhere due to personal issues & difficulties, right there at the starting point. I was moving to another apartment and found it then.

This was rockabilly/psychobilly sort of stuff, we digged all that sort of stuff, tuning cars and all that with Pasi, our lead guitarist. We rehearsed at Pasi’s fathers garage, damn it was cold! Just dabbling with basic blues patterns anf throwing riffs. There was this small label called Mad Rat here in Finland that released few punk and psychobilly 7” inches. Pasi ordered 7”es from Butcher’s and Primitive Roadrunners and my lord we were psyched out with those!

Anyway our enhthusiasm grew at a point that we had to go on for a demo release. Pasi knew from somewhere this guy called Arponen, he had a studio called ”Terminaalihuone” which means terminal room - his main occupation was undertaker so there he had his black humor. Arponen thought that garlic vodka shots would bring good luck to recording sessions so the whole studio had a powerful stench of garlic!

Anyway, we were supposed to go gigging throw concerts and start rockin big time, but Pasi got in trouble with some idiots in our home town Joensuu, and he just quit everything.

Here’s the link to our bandcamp site, I put the songs in there because I thought they still rock and actually are quite well done.

Members:

Reino Torikka: Gtr, vox
    Pasi Valjakkala: lead gtr
    Marko Nevalainen: drums
    Joni: Bass

13. Maije

Hey all, just registered with this forum. 28 years old, living in West Philly, kind of a loner but friendly. Bad with introductions but you'll get to know me.

Weird LiBrary and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

hi

15. ed_lecter

Hi! My name is Ed, I´m from Madrid, Spain. I´m 21 and I´ve been playing guitar for some years :)

16. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

@Ken how do I make meatballs tasty and seal in the moisture so it doesn’t jsut taste like straight ground beef in my spaghetti? No matter how much I try to put fresh herbs and garlic / onion and freshly grated Parmesan into my meatballs, I’m always disappointed. Are they really easy to overcook or something? Do you bake them or brown them in a pan first, or do you drop them in the sauce raw?

Ken likes this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Have you tried using meat other than beef? Say a combo of beef and pork? I always brown them before going into sauce or the oven.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  18. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

19. Randall Mentzos

I'll try both these things next time. Nice.

Do you use an egg to hold them together as well? And should I stick to white bread for breadcrumbs?

Ken likes this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  21. Randall Mentzos

Ken likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

phuuuuk that recipe looks delish

Ken likes this.
  23. shameless plug

I am curating a weird newsletter I guess - sub if you want?

coming soon

whatever, forever

TJ Wells and Ken like this.
  24. timmyh

to scare people.

this is from 1993