Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 227

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

[​IMG]

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Is it unreasonable to get mad at a bartender when he takes 20 minutes to get you a food menu and then messed up your order?

4. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Nope.

5. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I've been feeling pretty sick the last couple of days (basically since I got back from Texas) but I can't tell if it's from Klonopin withdrawal, "con plague", or both. Feelsbadman

6. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Why do homework when you can talk to strangers online?

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

Lmao dude you are as bad as me. It’s great

8. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

GrantCloud and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

That’s me

10. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I have orientation for my new job today and all I want to do is lay in bed and eat Chinese food

11. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Had some idiots get right in my personal space when I was playing DDR at Dave and Buster's earlier and it gave me a fucking anxiety attack

I hate people sometimes

12. Kiana

Do do do wish I could put my clothes in the dryer but some dude is taking them all up. And I'm too timid to take his clothes out because I'm always paranoid the person will come back as I'm touching their stuff and even tho it's their fault I can't handle that level of awkward.

Joe4th likes this.
  13. Jams

Trusted

Love when I go for a walk to relax and then almost have a panic attack bc this creep wouldn’t leave me alone. Then when I finally got rid of him these 2 dudes just lose their shit right by me and I had to sprint away from them bc they were about to get into a fist fight. Time to change my walking route again for the 10th time. I hate men. Just let me walk in peace!!! Like that creep has hit on me before and I got him to leave me alone by lying and saying I have a boyfriend. Lately I’ve just been ignoring him but he now has started “accidentally” letting go of his dog so the dog runs towards me and I have no choice but to catch it bc I can’t let it get hit by the cars coming. He would not take his dog and kept harassing me and asking me where I lived and if I wanted to go fishing with him and it’s completely obvious I’m not interested in him and am uncomfortable but he does not care one bit. I’m so sick of having to change my route bc men are the absolute worst! And he kept trying to touch me. I shouldn’t have to tell men it’s not appropriate to touch me without my permission.

14. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Youuuu should call the police or something. Like seriously.

15. Jams

Trusted

Idk I'm not exactly fond of the police and don't feel like they would really do anything anyway...Like I remember my friend and I were being sexually harassed at a fair when we were teens by a grown ass man and she insisted on telling a cop and he literally just said "that's just how men are" sooo

16. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Wow, that's beyond sad. I'm sorry you're dealing with this : (

Maybe @supernovagirl has some better advice than I do?

supernovagirl and Jams like this.
  17. Kiana

Ugggh. Police are the worst with this stuff. The police got involved when I was with my ex, and they basically asked how I could be so foolish, so I don't trust them at all in situations like this either. I don't trust them and I don't blame you because they don't always take u seriously and then make u feel dumb for calling at all. This is something easier said than done, but I rly like the recent conversations about "fuck politeness." Like women are taught to tiptoe around things and be polite and not offend, and this is somewhat of a defense mechanism too cause we don't wanna make it worse and have the situation escalate, but women are legit killed and assaulted sometimes as a result. And it's not women's fault at all of course, but I know at least with myself I've frozen and tried to be polite whether for my own safety or my embarrassment which is dumb cause they should be the ones embarrassed, but srsly fuck politeness. If the situation feels safe enough to do so, I try to tell them to leave me alone or give me my space. They always act like the wounded victims and like im some mean bitch but like.... Screw politeness IDC. Some ppl used to tell me to carry pepper spray or a knife which I never did cause it made me feel less safe actually, but def do what feels comfortable to u. Sometimes I have 911 or a trusted family or friends one click away on my phone if I'm uncomfortable in a situation, or I'll tell a friend that this is the situation and route I am taking and if I don't text them in about half an hour to say I made it home, then start worrying. Who knows if they'd actually do it lol but it makes me feel better

Lol being a woman is such fun.

gonz (Alex), supernovagirl and Jams like this.
  18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oof yeah basically @Kiana said everything spot on. The police wouldn’t do anything. I also echo Kiana bc I don’t like the responsibility people put on women that we should be expected to carry weapons to protect ourselves- however if carrying s weapon DOES make you feel safer than by all means.
    I mostly am just so saddened that we are conditioned to, like Kiana said, put up with it and be polite and I too am so over it

Jams likes this.
  19. Jams

Trusted

Thanks for the advice y'all! I talked to my mom about it and she insists on buying me some pepper spray. She told me to just try carrying it and see if I feel comfy with it and if not, then I just won't carry it. But like y'all said, I shouldn't even have to carry anything. It's just frustrating but I feel like there isn't really much else to do so. I took a different route today that completely avoids the area I always see him in so hopefully that works. I really wish I could take my dog with me bc I feel safer with her, but she's an old lady now and can't go for long walks anymore booo!!

20. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Take a machete and put some fake blood on it.

Jams likes this.
  21. Jams

Trusted

Ok it’s weird you say this bc last summer someone was just standing in the middle of the road dressed as Jason and as someone who cannot deal with anything remotely scary, I was terrified!! Like who does that??? I seriously turned around and ran home.

22. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I'm starting to think that you should seriously consider moving.

23. Jams

Trusted

The area I’m in is actually nice lol I think I’m just cursed tbh but I would honestly love to move. Just too poor right now.

24. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

eating a klondike bar with no queso

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. MAGADREAMER

You have to do what makes you safe