Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 222

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Also, the fact that you could be so close to work is really nice

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

yea i'm planning to just get a bike first and see if that works. worst case scenario I'll pull a @CobraKidJon and look for cars my price range.

already enjoying it here (even though I miss my SO so damn much haha)

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Will they be moving out there as well?

4. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

do you mean my SO? yeah that's the plan. unfortunately, it might not be for a few months. but for sure she'll love it here.

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I didn’t even realize I was known for trying to find a cheap gas efficient car

6. CobraKidJon

I got off work at 2 am and was hungry so I was going to get food when I got home. I get home and my dad is sleeping in the living room so I try and be super quiet getting my food.

I start walking to my room and I trip on the floor and I break the plate and my food is ruined and I get hurt.

LIFE SUCKS

Kiana likes this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Trying to be quiet is when all the loudest things happen

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I haven't spent too much time in San Mateo either but what I hear is pretty much the same thing as @Dog with a Blog that it's just fine. Here is a link of the safest areas in that county and here is a link to the crime rates. I don't think the bar scene is all that great there but being close to work, especially in the bay area, is a pretty big deal. Plus, public transportation, in general, is pretty solid. I know this isn't all that helpful so my bad hah

zigbigwig and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. de gierer

Greetings, gentlemen.

10. OhitsKramer

Software Developing and crying

I'm here and prepared to be distracted at work while I sit in my cubicle on a Sunday.

11. Jams

Trusted

Y'all I am straight up livid right now. Remember how I mentioned my mom had me pay for the hotel and her Gwen ticket for Vegas cause she had no money? And how I loaned her money for car repairs? Guess what she did just now. Booked a trip to fucking Italy this month. I am fucking furious. She's like Oh don't worry I'll pay you what I owe you. Yeah but like you had me pay for the hotel bc you "had no money" and now this???? Straight up mean of her. and she just doesn't get why I'm upset.

12. Kiana

OMG she did not!!!

Jams likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

all the money from that two paychecks went straight to fixing my car and bills so I am sad

14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i don't know how Twitter works really

what the fuck is this and why is this tweet "promoted" to me, someone who only follows hockey-related people.

anyone know what this is? freaking me out a bit lol

15. Dog with a Blog

Damn, that sucks. I’ve been there. Sorry mang

16. CobraKidJon

It sucks but hey I am alive and my car will be fixed so life lessons you know?

It came out to like $1k for car bills and around $700 for bills but I won't complain. I love my job and am happy here.

17. Jams

Trusted

I was so upset I left the room when she was still mid-sentence. Like how does she think that's okay???? I swear everyone does this to me!! Like I've come to expect it from friends but I never thought my own mother would pull this shit on me ugh

18. Dog with a Blog

Genuinely curious, is it possible she’s a narcissist?

supernovagirl likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I know how you feel @Jams. I really am not trying to one-up or take the attention off you but I just can relate and have not rly told anyone this so- Last year my mom went on this whole stint of how she needed to sell my place (she owns it, I pay mortgage) bc she couldn’t afford it and how she didn’t have ANY other options. This was when I was being abused and generally in a really terrible mental state. She knew I would have nowhere to live if she sold it but acted as if there were no other options for her. It caused a huge rift in us because it made it clear to me that when I’m at my lowest my mom still would be willing to pull the rug out from under me
    Things settled down and like 6 months later I go to her house to discover she GOT A POOL PUT IN. Like a fully in ground functioning pool with deck and patio furniture and a screened in porch!!
    She LITERALLY didn’t understand when I started crying and was like “I was worried about being homeless and this is what you were doing?” This lead to her screaming at ME. I’ve been trying to accept that’s my mom definitely has some sort of personality disorder so I don’t think @Dog with a Blog ’s question is very far off

20. Dog with a Blog

NPD is hard to diagnose, but the sheer lack of empathy and clear manipulation seems telling

21. Jams

Trusted

The whole thing is really weird bc she was NEVER like this growing up. Like we were always extremely close and she legit did everything for me and my brother. Then my parents got divorced and I understand she was trying to figure herself out and since it was an abusive situation for her it was the first time in over 25 years where she could actually be herself. But she started joining these "metaphysical" groups and over the past few years she's gotten REALLY into it. And all these people like feed all her delusions and it's really messed up and she won't listen to me. Like everything in her life now is a "sign from the universe" and they gave her a "sign" to go to Italy so bam she's going. It's really upsetting watching this and a lot of it is straight up batshit crazy and y'all would not even believe some of the shit she believes. And she TRULY believes it. Like she has been selling shit in her house bc she insists she is moving to Italy. Based on literally nothing. But some guy in her group gave her a message about a big suitcase so obviously that must mean she's moving there!!! And when I question her she gets upset and is like "You think I'm crazy!!!" I don't even know what to do about it anymore. The whole thing has been making me so upset and anxious and it really sucks watching her become like this and I feel like there's nothing I can do to stop it.

22. Kiana

Ugh girl I swear our moms are almost the same so I completely feel u on all of this. I'm sorry your relationship isn't like it once was. It's hard when you've had that good relationship in the past and know it's possible or is in there some where and is just gone now. U don't deserve that!

Jams likes this.
  23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oof yeah that’s definitely extremely difficult. I wouldn’t know how to react in your situation, either. I’m sorry, it must be very rough.

Jams likes this.
  24. Michel May

wow why cho

25. Kiana

I had a dream that it was my grandpa's job to make deviled eggs for the Thanksgiving dinner, and he only brought like five. Then I was panicking to try and make more in time for dinner. I wish my brain would not stress me out with such ridiculous things