Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 221

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Hanging in bed bath and beyond testing out massage chairs on a Thursday night!!

2. Kuri44

I need to/ am finally going to buy a good pillow tomorrow. Does anyone have any reccommendations?

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

@Kiana I feel like you'd appreciate this

Kiana likes this.
  4. Kiana Nov 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2018)
    Kiana

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I worked from 3 pm to 2 am and I have to be back at work at 10 am to do a 10 am to 3 pm shift.

My schedule is nuts but I love it so much.

6. Kiana

I resent football on Thanksgiving so much. 1) because it's boring af and 2) I feel like men think they can get away with not helping with the food under the guise of watching football and it's annoying af like theyre already lazy and unhelpful generally like don't give them another excuse*

*yes I know not only men watch football and I'm making generalizations ok!! Holidays make me cranky!!

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel bad for the football players like I know it's their job but they don't get to spend Thanksgiving with their families,capitalism is dumb

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. Amalthea

Hey so I'll introduce myself here I guess. I'm Amalthea, I'm 16, from around Portland OR and I love music lol. And talking to people so message me whenever.

Some of my favorite artists are Twenty One Pilots, Kendrick Lamar, $uicideboy$, Jon Bellion, and Tyler the Creator. My favorite 21p songs are Hometown, Anathema, and Truce. My favorite Kendrick songs are Sing of Me, Element, XXX. Favorite Suicideboys song is 2nd hand. Favorite Jon is Eyes to the Sky and Morning in America.

I don't really know what else to put here but I hope I can make some friends here :))

9. CobraKidJon

It’s cool you are here. I suggest going through the forums and finding threads that are good for you to talk. Music and Entertainment threads are the most popping ones.

10. Kiana

My family is doing secret Santa this year and they're all weird and anxious about it so I feel like they told each other who they have. I got my older sister so I got her some gym clothes on sale and then I'll spend the rest of the allotted spending limit on a six pack of her fave chai tea lol

I do know that my stepbrother got me which is interesting. We're not super close so I'm intrigued with what he'll get

11. CobraKidJon

I’m working straight 10 hour shifts for a while and it’s pretty cool especially with how much I love my work now. I gotta chill tho because all this extra money has made me be like ohhhh maybe I can buy this thing I don’t need at all.

12. Jams

Trusted

Booking a flight is horseshit and I'm bummed bc of it!! All the ones in my budget either have like 11 hour layovers (whyyyyyy) or I get in so late I feel like that's a whole day wasted. I wish I could find one where I get in earlier bc I really don't wanna get in at 10 p.m. ughh

13. Kiana

Ugh this happens to me whenever I go to Vegas.i have to fly in at a Friday at like 10pm and then fly out on a sunday at like 6am which is time for nothing. Flights are annoying like at what point is it like okay how much is my time worth tho????

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah I was thinking of going to Vegas and there's like one direct a day from New York, like the biggest airport in the country

15. Jams

Trusted

And while I'm in a complaining/whiny mood: Fuck baggage fees!!! $40 for a carry on??? Why?????

16. Kiana

Omg are you looking at spirit cause screw them they're not worth it!!! I mean if ur traveling v light and v short it miiiight be worth it but those lil add ons well... Add up! I always go more expensive cause it evens out and at least I get a free soda on the flight lmao spirit gives u nothing

Jams likes this.
  17. Jams

Trusted

Oh nooo I was all excited bc I found a cheaper flight that leaves in the morning but it's with Spirit. I didn't even look at their baggage fees or anything. Frontier was the one I saw had $40 fees but their flights are all late. I can't win!!

18. Kiana

I think if u have like one carry on and a short flight spirit is okay. My sister accidentally selected it for her family trip once and they paid like over $200 in baggage fees. For one person it should be OK tho. I've taken spirit and thought it was fine. Just don't expect any free amenities or anything.

Jams likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

I’m currently on day 14 of working straight 10 hour shifts and I am starting to really feel this exhaustion especially with school ending next week.

I need all the strength I can to get through this.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. Kiana

for whatever reason my past keyboard on my phone didn't have voice command and I'm super lazy so I downloaded one that does and I am realizing how much I mumble. I tried to say "I mean" and it thought I said French Montana....

21. Dog with a Blog

Dat paycheck gon be :fire:tho

22. zigbigwig Nov 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2018)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i honestly have no idea where to ask this because the San Francisco thread seems dead. But if anyone can answer it'll be so helpful. So I just moved to the US last week and I'm currently staying temporarily in Redwood City (paid by my employer).

I have 2 months to find a new place, and I'm highly considering this place in San Mateo, a few minutes away from where I work. It's just as expensive as the other ones around the area that are farther. I don't know I feel like there's a catch there.

Is SM a generally good place to live in? Like in terms of food, fun things to do. I know there's a movie place near here so that's awesome. Also I'm not really looking to meet anybody, except maybe like meeting new friends or something, so I guess factoring that in too.

23. Dog with a Blog

I grew up in the Bay but spent very little time in San Mateo so take what I say with a grain of salt. I think San Mateo is just...fine. Seems like a good place to raise a family. I know I’d go insane if I lived there but that’s cause I like a busy nightlife. But if you want a quiet life, then I think it will do you fine.

@mattylikesfilms do you have any thoughts on this ?

mattylikesfilms and zigbigwig like this.
  24. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

thanks for the input. that seems like exactly what i want (minus the raising a family part). i love going out for drinks though from time to time. i guess that should be fine? like driving a bit longer for bars and stuff. when my SO gets here, I'll probably want to go out a lot with her.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

I’ve never been drinking there, but I’m sure there are bars. The good thing is that Bay Area public transportation is awesome so you can easily hop on BART and be in San Francisco if you want

zigbigwig likes this.