Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (III) • Page 218

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 12, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I hear cart, but occasionally buggie

2. Jams

Trusted

On the regional word topic, does anyone else say sweeper instead of vacuum? Idk if it's a regional thing or not but my friend from a different state had no idea what I was talking about when I said I needed to run the sweeper and he is convinced it's just my family that says that.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk anyone who says sweeper tbh!

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

What the damn hell

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Jams

Trusted

I’m hoping it’s an Ohio thing but my family is prob just weird. I wonder how many people I’ve confused over the years lol

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

There are sweepers and then there are vaccums

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We say sweeper instead of “broom”, but we still say vacuum.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. Kiana

Random but when I moved to Oregon I was so confused cause I'd never heard the term barf. Only puke. Like where I grew up people didn't dramatically go "Barf!" so I was confused af for a while around here. Crick instead of creek also got me. And rig. And people here say pop instead of soda which always got under my skin lol

9. ChaseTx

I think barf is something I knew well from cartoons and books but not something people actually said

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I work at an elementary school and we say “throw up”.

11. Jams

Trusted

I usually say puke but sometimes I’ll say barf or ralph.

12. Kiana

I say puke or throw up. It was just a dramatic regional expression here I think cause classmates would say variations of "ugh that makes me wanna barf!" Or "barf!" to things they didn't like, but I had never heard that before and I was too shy and insecure to ask what barf meant so I'm pretty sure I just laughed and nodded along even tho I had no idea

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Barf sounds like a loser kid’s name from a 90’s sitcom

14. ChaseTx

Ralph is the weirdest one

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Jams

Trusted

I knew someone was gonna say it was weird lol My dog growing up was named Rowdy and when my grandma would come over she’d feed him stuff off her plate and he’d end up puking so we started calling him Ralphy lol Another weird word from my family.

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. NE Ohio here and I've never heard sweeper but maybe we're the weird ones! Who could possibly know

17. what's rig?

18. Kiana

Like when people call a truck a rig? Altho my grandpa is from Ohio and calls cars rigs so that might be more widespread but I think it usually refers to trucks idk I don't say it but when I mock the people of this area because I'm a douchebag I tend to say something like "let's pop in the rig and go fer a ride to the Crick and drink a pop."

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

barf, puke, yak

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I work from 3 pm to midnight and when I get home I can’t usually sleep until like 1 am.

It sucks when I have classes on Tuesday/Thursday’s because I wake up at 6:30 am and I am basically dead tired since I have school at 8 am.

I fell asleep in class today and it was super gross

22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m trying to make a list of like 10 things to do during my next 2 days off from work so let’s see if I actually manage to go through them all.

23. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

some teenage-20ish year old girl just walked into my home, asked "is this allie's house", and when i replied no she ran out

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Some guy named Ralph must’ve had a really rough go if it back in the day

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. Kiana

Ugh bless u for that schedule I could never. I could do stuff like that in college but I can't now. I'm in bed at like 8:30pm and it still doesn't feel like enough (mostly cause I have issues waking up a zillion times a night)