Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (II) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1264

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I work at a grocery store and I'm a millennial. I'm conflicted.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The Safeway here took out their self checkout so I haven't gone shopping in weeks. Don't make me choose between human interaction and Wal Mart. I don't like those options.

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I felt awful breaking my "no Wal-Mart" rule to find the hat for my Luke Danes costume. I think I might donate to a charity.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

:/

5. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I work at a Safeway, we just got a self serve wing bar. It's lit

lish likes this.
  6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Someone next to me has breath so bad that I can smell it from 3 fucking feet away.

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

- i love self checkout. what's bad is even when you're in self checkout and these annoying workers still have the nerve to come up to you and ask if you need help it's like no go away for goodness' sake
    - fuck everyone who can afford to not go to walmart and are making me feel bad, especially you Chris
    - with my germophobia i would have just been like "go get food then" instead of make someone eat anything from my meal lol
    - we need an Assassin's Creed logo emoji
    - i am lazy with work

lish and Kiana like this.
  8. Kiana

I like self checkout because I have weird anxiety issues about going through checkouts and always have. I used to not be able to go through them at all, and now I can but I still dread it lol.

Wal mart never has what I want or need anyway so every time I attempt to go, I have to go somewhere else anyway. things are constantly out of stock. safeway has a better selection of vegetarian food too, plus I come from a family of safeway employees lol. I still go to wal mart for non groceries tho cause there's no real alternative here.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

kiana i miss u

yeah walmart here has p much everything and is our cheapest option. and safeway is like 20 mins away and is also really small in comparison :/

Kiana likes this.
  10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I just learned how to weigh produce on a self checkout. I'm a pro but every now and then I'll forget to put the product in the bagging area and I want to die from embarrassment bc it's so loud.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I find self checkout almost always gives me trouble when I use it, plus if you have more than like 8 items when you're grocery shopping it feels like a real dick move to use the thing that's supposed to go faster and make other people wait

AelNire likes this.
  12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i only found out recently that they actually have volume options

13. Kiana

:heart: what's up boo

14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my work doesn't have self checkouts at all because we are all about the old people.

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I prefer self checkout because it's much faster and I usually only have a couple items. I don't mind interacting with a cashier usually, they don't care about you

I also don't do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart but if it's just one or two things is pretty convenient

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

YES YES YES YES YES

17. cshadows2887

I hate self-checkout. I buy way too much produce for that shit.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like you're shaming me lol

lish likes this.
  19. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I hate slow drivers. I grew up driving in the city so my baseline is aggressive. people out in the suburbs just shouldn't drive. thanks.

20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Trader Joes and stop and shop. never use self checkout because I'm incompetent.

21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I was a self checkout clerk for 7 years. The amount of complete bullshit I encountered over those 7 years is astounding.

muttley likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

lish and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Whenever I do I forget about it and it spoils, which is a potent metaphor

lish likes this.
  24. cshadows2887

Also a pungent reality.

lish and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. Kiana

I never have too much of an issue with produce with self checkout but I also don't buy a lot at one time cause of the going bad issue.

My biggest issue is them having to verify my reusable bag which they would take forever to do cause the self checkout clerk was always off taking to the Starbucks employees instead of manning their station

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.