Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 535

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Makes total sense! Basically like the Quote Bubble is in an "updated" version and i'm still using the outdated one haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Thank you. I really appreciate that. And yeah, some really great baseball fans in there. They make me wanna watch and follow baseball more with their passion and knowledge. I like lurking and learning.

DarkHotline and ChaseTx like this.
  3. phaynes1

Regular

I understand how she intended it. That doesn't change the affect her words had.

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I used to get attacked a lot about my knowledge of sports so I never posted in sports threads all that much on AP. It's like a complete 180 here.

Aaron Mook, ChaseTx, Snewt and 3 others like this.
  5. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I've started lurking the MLB forum in the hopes it gets me back into baseball. Used to be diehard but ever since college Football took over all my interest.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

Jake, I'm so sorry this happened. I wish you well my friend. I will miss you :concerned::tear:

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This gif will surely do the trick

Imgur Image

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I :heart: your involvement in the sports forum

Jason Tate and AelNire like this.
  9. phaynes1

Regular

Also if y'all wanna act like this is pushing people away from commenting, trust that there have been plenty coming to me in PMs saying that they were grateful anything was said because the negative attitude against addiction the last few days. Y'all are fools if you think for a second this isn't a two way street and need to hop down from your thrones in the clouds.

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

You too! I also love that you love the Braves for better or for worse like I do. :heart:

Snewt and Chris Yates like this.
  11. NotBruce

Regular

That's why I started posting more there. I follow one team and already am feeling overwhelmed, ha. I need that thread to keep me updated on everything else. And to impress my friends with my hip sportal knowledge.

12. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Just to clarify so I understand, what you're saying is that you understand her intention but it still hurt because it could easily be (and was) interpreted as a broad generalization?

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Wait you didn't tell me you had sports knowledge... I now hate you.

AelNire likes this.
  14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I can teach you if you want. ;-)

Aaron Mook, Jason Tate and St. Nate like this.
  15. phaynes1

Regular

I'm hurt because as an addict, what she said affected me and caused me pain, even if she was speaking about someone else specifically, which wasn't clear in her initial tweets.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong for that.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. JulieLynn

All I know about Baseball is that The Yankees Suck, The Phillies can kiss my ass and Big Papi is awesome.

That is all. :crylaugh:

Serh, AelNire and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Not sure how involved you are with other sports since Baseball is really the only sport i care anything about, but i've enjoyed your perspective on the Braves and baseball in general, in the amount of posts i've seen you post in there. Good news is there IS a light at the end of the tunnel for them(theoretically at least). I've been through the same thing with my Rangers for so many years so I can relate to what y'all fans are going through.

Chris Yates, ChaseTx and AelNire like this.
  18. JulieLynn

You're not wrong at all. For someone to make anyone feel that way is terrible. I hate that this is happening here and I wish you and Jake would stay but none of us want you to feel scared or hurt or unsafe.

19. Colby Searcy

This is pretty much all you need to know. You may go home now!

JulieLynn likes this.
  20. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, and you didn't answer my point of misunderstanding

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't know if they're going to see that light, Colby. I just..don't..know. lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. phaynes1

Regular

Thank you. This is comforting.

23. St. Nate

Yeah. Is there a way to make a statement towards abusers who do use their addiction to justify their actions then?

US Camera and Jacob Tender like this.
  24. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Well your first thought is flat out wrong but I'm down with the last two. Papi's a Yankee killer (sigh)but he's a cool dude.

25. St. Nate

Yankees are okay.

Not a fan of Yankee fans growing up around them.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.