Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Forum Chat Thread (I) [ARCHIVED] • Page 534

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake has come for me personally before, so it was a knee-jerk reaction made out of my desire to NOT make the forums more toxic. Yes, it was probably unproductive, but turns out I'm a human being who occasionally doesn't make great choices. Now I get to own that.

2. phaynes1

Regular

That wasn't an apology. That was a recitation of the tweets in more specific detail. You might have been speaking on one specific issue but what you said was a broad, sweeping generalization that affected many other members of that group and caused pain and discomfort. That isn't an opinion. That is what happened. And you continue to hit that point home. It's gross.

Especially considering you can be such an advocate and have a strong voice for other groups, as you have chosen to show in the past. It's sad to see you abandon that as far as addicts go.

Nick and bandnamexmyname like this.
  3. Article Discussion • forum.chorus.fm

Look for a little "quote bubble" on news posts and articles to be directed to the specific thread for each one.

alexmacwilliam likes this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Bazinga... thanks all.

5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

In a meeting with one of the Nokia execs. Dude won't stop talking. It's already a half hour after I usually leave and we still have to do a demo. Ugh.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Really liking these forums. Baseball forum is wild right now. This is going to be get away from work every day now haha

Jason Tate, Colby Searcy and AelNire like this.
  8. Sophos

Regular

Yeah I'm done here. Deactivate this account.

9. Colby Searcy

What's wrong with the Baseball Forum? Am I bringing it down?
    :worried:

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

clear your cache

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Advocacy isn't pretending issues within a group don't exist. You can hate me if you want, but it won't change the fact that I didn't say the things you're saying I did. My tweets were about a specific issue, not broad or generalizing. You are creating a climate that is so hostile towards internal discussion that it alienates people IN YOUR OWN GROUP. Many of whom have already abandoned these forums because of it. You are doing what you're accusing me of. I apologized for what I was sorry for.

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

glad you had a moment to pop in here lol

13. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

no, wild is my way of saying "crazy" or "cool". it's active! That's what I like about it!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

I was mainly teasing haha, good to know. Yeah we've definitely had alot of activity in there it seems like alot more than previously.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. You may have to do a refresh of your cache for them to show up.

16. phaynes1

Regular

are you trying to tell me that I, as a recovering addict, am wrong for taking those tweets as offensive? good look, yet again

17. phaynes1

Regular

whatever. I'll put her on ignore and disengage. Don't feel like continually being offended by someone so clearly blind to the issue.

Nick and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Yep, that worked, thanks! Never had to do that before and honestly didn't know it was an option or what it even does.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Wild obviously equates to best thread on the entire forum

Jason Tate, NotBruce and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. phaynes1

Regular

I guess i don't understand how "addiction/mental health issues are not get out of jail free cards re: how you treat others" isn't a generalization and is specific but I'm sure that's on me too.

21. Colby Searcy

Obviously! That's why I didn't want to bring it down and if need be get out so others can have their fun!

22. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Bless you. This is all I'll say to the matter because I don't feel like being dragged down by abusive people, but the reality is that people with addiction -- just like those with any illness, physical or mental -- are capable of abuse. And in this case, we have someone who has engaged in behavior that have made many people feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Then, to make matters worse, we have a group of users who have chosen to pile onto those who have been hurt by Jake's behavior despite being unaware of this pattern of behavior that goes back more than the last week. I don't feel safe on Chorus.fm and will be taking a break from this website, because absolving someone of guilt for their emotional manipulation at the expense of those hurt, particularly women and queer people as this situation has been, does not benefit anyone. Jake has been my friend for awhile, and I've told him repeatedly he can come to me when he needs to, and he did until recently, but now he has instead chosen to lash out. My promise to be here for Jake is not rescinded, but I'm also willing to hold him accountable. Much love to you Anna, and Kayla as well. If you need to talk, you know where to find me.

23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

You're :ok:in my book (except for that Barves comment heheh)

AelNire and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Hah. Basically I tell a device to "remember" the style settings for the website. It means that when you visit it it doesn't have to go looking for them each time. It already knows and can load the pages much faster. But if I make a change to the style, it will show the old version, not the new one. I made a change to display those little icons - so for people where the cache of my style hadn't expired yet - it didn't show. I basically just had you clear that and your device then says "I need that style again please" and gets the new one. With the icons.

Hope that helps and makes sense!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I mean maybe I'm being naive and maybe it's a matter of semantics but I feel like implicit in that statement is that it's referring to people who use their addiction or mental health problems as get out of jail free cards, and not all addicts or mentally ill people

FTank, BirdPerson and Anna Acosta like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.