Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Dysfunction: Worst Superhero • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Jan 9, 2018.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Arm-Fall-Off-Boy, but that's not a choice in the poll.

Superman has lots of interesting stories and themes to explore, my favorite being Red Son.

2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

actually Dead Pool is the worst. that movie is cancer.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  3. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

bias: superman cus i hate that whole "WELL TECHNICALLY HE COULD THROW YOU INTO THE SUN" shit

honestly outside that? i dont know, i tend to value heroes off their villains they deal with.

Kingjohn_654 and electro haikus like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

literally, Deadpool literally has cancer

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

time to ban whoever voted for baby groot

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. Dog with a Blog

Don’t worry. The Best Superhero (Shrek Only Edition) is gonna be fire

Mr. Serotonin and electro haikus like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Dayman is the greatest superhero of all time. He just uses karate and forced friendship like a badass.

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Ugh, can't stand that coaster.

The Bizarro coaster (fka Medusa) is sweet though, and that's a Superman villain at least.

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

what the fuck guys. literally what are you basing the superman sucks argument off of? the generic and silly "he's so overpowered, he's uninteresting" shit? come on

but wait is this just the movies bc if so im not as heated. but if this is including comics too? then this is just a bad take

13. Dog with a Blog

He boring

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

he isn't but also even if he was that's hardly superman's fault, that's just bad writing and surely there is one superman arc written by one of the literal hundreds of writers that is for you. as it happens there are lots of great ones! All Star Superman by Grant Morrison is excellent and shows what Superman does in his final days when he knows he's gonna die. The New 52 beginning arc of Superman, also written by Grant Morrison, is also cool and shows him early in his career as he tries to help people via activist reporting. it also features him a tad depowered (like, he can't quite fly yet for example) and it's got a cool Peter Parker vibe but a little more leftist in nature because he's actually a reporter. His origin story written by Geoff Johns is pretty cool as well

for anyone that is interested, there are lots of cool Superman stories out there

the argument that he's boring usually stems from a desire for things to be dark or gritty or from a lack of imagination of how you can test superman when he admittedly has all these god like powers. idk being a beacon of hope in a fictional universe that is constantly going to shit is very cool and very brave and a superman that reflects the times he's written in should almost always be something to strive for as a human being imo

15. Dog with a Blog

I’m basing that solely on the premise of the character. He does not interest me is all

I’m sure there are good Superman stories written around him, but he as a character doesn’t appeal to me

16. Dog with a Blog

With that said, if I could be any superhero it’d probably be Superman or Wolverine

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

fair enough, i suppose i can't change that but i would argue if you reduce a lot of comic book characters to a premise they sound lame. like, Tim Drake is probably my favorite character in all of comics and if i just said "preteen decides Batman needs a Robin and recruits himself for the job even though Batman says no" idk how interesting that is

if i could be anyone in comics it'd be John Constantine tho cause magic is sick and also he consistently cheats death and im pretty sure he isn't depressed or anything

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Wonder Woman a close second tho, but also Renee Montoya as the Question, anyone in the Batfam bc they're all rich as fuck and it'd be nice not to worry about money, uuuuuh Static is also real fuckin cool. damn idk there's so many

19. Dog with a Blog

Let me amend my statement, if I could still be me but have someone’s powers. I do not want to be Logan haha

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Logan's healing factor seems sick but i don't want to live forever

still sticking with any of the people I mentioned but it's a major plus if you can fly bc i would totally dig ditching my car and saving on travel costs every months

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. Dog with a Blog

I’m terrified of dying, I’d definitely opt to live forever if I could. Yes, everyone I know would die but I need to see the aliens. I feel like this conversation might be best suited for Best Superhero, though in that thread I will definitely choose Shrek.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

living forever just seems exhausting tbh

23. Dog with a Blog

It took this thread to finally provide evidence that we aren’t the same person :p

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

there had to be one thing hahaha. idk even if my brain chemistry was at tip top shape and everyone else i loved was around, living forever still sounds exhausting. just big vast endless monotony. i get tired just thinking of it i need a nap

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

the fact that statistically I'll live another 50 years sounds way too long as is

SlappinCups and Dog with a Blog like this.