Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gemini Man (Ang Lee, October 11, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 23, 2019.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe I should’ve seen it when the HFR then, but I really hate that look. I can’t believe there’s a line “It’s not gun time, it’s coffee time,” lol.

riotspray likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Biggest flop of the year?

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like spending $250 million total on this would seem foolish to anyone with half a brain but everyone who runs Hollywood studios are morons we all know this

5. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

No surprise this has flopped, Will Smith on his own isn't the bankable star he once was and considering we are living in an era where John Wick has well and truly set the standard for action films this looks tame and run of the mill in comparison.

riotspray likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Will Smith dramas don’t typically do well. If you’re gonna have a big budget clone movie with him in it, it would have been smart to make it somewhat comedic.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it should have starred Nicolas Cage
    [​IMG]

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Ang Lee is one of the few people pushing new technologies on this scale. Narrative and whatever else seems secondary (which for me is fine, even encouraged, but people’s interest in Hollywood cinema clearly doesn’t align) to figuring out new ways to exploit the possibilities of 3D and HFR. It’s a shame he likely won’t be getting huge budgets anymore because I don’t see how anyone could experiment to the extent he is able to without it. The clarity and depth of the image in this film is absolutely astonishing.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

When James Cameron perfects this with Avatar 2 Ang just gonna be here like ‍♂️

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I hope all 7 people who see it appreciate that, actually Maleficent 2 is #1 at the box office Avatar 2 could also make a billion at this point

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

People laughed at James Cameron’s last two movies before release and, until just recently, they were the 1 and 2 highest grossing movies of all time. James Cameron has given me zero reason to doubt him at this point, so Until it tanks, I’m gonna assume it won’t.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu 9/18