Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Geffen to Release Blink-182 Seven-Album Vinyl Box Set

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I keep trying to tell myself I don't need this.

4. Tim McCall

Regular

The boxset was the deal of the day at Pop Market yesterday or the day before.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's like I know I don't need it, but also I kind of need it.

6. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Blink was the first band I ever got into, and are also not vital in my book. But boy, people love 'em. Skiba's the best thing that could've ever happened.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. Kristen

Regular

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

Don't have any Blink on vinyl besides California. Might have to do this. But also need those Weezer represses. Damn this expensive hobby!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

You're tellin' me! I don't have any urge for the Blink vinyl, but I'm wiped out from my "The Witch" soundtrack vinyl, Interpol repress and BMTH vinyl set. Do you listen or just collect, I'm curious. I purely collect them.

CMilliken likes this.
  10. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Girlfriend just bought this for me for my bday. She wins.

Been building up my collection lately via a VNYL subscription, but this will help a ton.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Is it wrong that one of my biggest motivators for trying to get a decent, steady job is so I can start collecting?

CMilliken and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure these aren't the SRC reissues, so what's the point?

13. Ryan Sep 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2016)
    Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

TOYPAJ vinyl is worth this deal alone. And having TMTATS in this is just beautiful

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Get a record player they said. It'll be fun they said.
    The worst thing is I just started my first post-grad job so every time I go to a concert I think hey I have the money I can buy more merch now. Basically what I'm saying is I went to see Against Me! basically for free tonight but walked away with a sweatshirt and TDB vinyl after buying shape shift with me on vinyl not more than a week ago. Someone help.

Dan O'Neill, CMilliken and Jason Tate like this.
  15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

10 LPs? I'm only counting 7 albums.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I have multiple pressings of almost all these records but I still want this.

17. Where are you getting that number from? The Amazon listing says only 7 discs, which is bullshit because some of these records should be split up into multiple vinyl. Also, I can't seem to find any guarantee anywhere that these are 180 gram. Honestly, I'd pass on this.

Edit: okay so I see in the title it says 10 LPs but then Amazon says 7... confusing. Still no guarantee on the 180 gram though, which my SRC copy of untitled is and that thing sounds beautiful.

18. CMilliken

Trusted

I listen and I guess collect too! Haha. Just started about a year ago though so I'm constantly trying to tell myself, "slow and steady" with my buying.

ConArdist likes this.
  19. CMilliken

Trusted

Seriously. The worst is getting into the variant hole. I have all of the Hotelier Goodness first presses and bought a second Touché Stage Four press this week. Do I need multiple variants of albums? No. But they are fun to collect.

20. It's 7 albums, but 10 LPs. Neighborhoods, untitled, and the live album all have 2 discs.

21. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

can you say "cash grab"

22. efp722

Regular

But is it really? I have a copy but I never felt the need to own them all. I don't get that

BigMouth likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I haven't dived down that hole yet. I don't think I could do that for everything record, but I could see me doing it for a band I really loved. I just usually try to pick which one I like the best.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wait that's something people do? Like you buy albums but don't actually listen to them? Do you have a record player? That's interesting I never thought of that.

ConArdist and CMilliken like this.
  25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I don't have one, but could easily invest. I just collect, I'm lame. But I really wanna hear the difference in sound.