Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gates Teasing on Facebook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Their last album seemed like it got overlooked. Am I the only one who thinks this? It's a great album.

sean_rugy likes this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away

Fantastic album

4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Got into them after I found out they are going to be on the Thrice bill. B&B was a great record. I'd love another.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hope this isn't on pure noise

Iago and Jason Tate like this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

agree completely. also one of my favorite album arts of the past few years.

CMilliken likes this.
  7. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Niceeeeeee

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Always excited for these gents.

9. Jake Z

Regular

Love this band, excited for new music.

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I'm ready.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don't believe it is

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Lots of build up to their last album but not a lot of response. It was a fucking awesome album too. Can't wait for the new one.

13. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Same here. Definitely excited to see them live.

14. AidanCloakit

Haven't taken another listen to Gates in a while, but I remember loving a lot of their stuff for a long time. It brings me joy to see them doing well and being on the Thrice tour will only help attract them to more people. Looking forward to it!

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, it was surely under-appreciated! Although it was on all of my-band-members' AOTY lists! ;D and every friend of mine to whom I recommended B&B loved it! The music speaks for itself, it's probably more because of the lack of promotion or something.

The new b-side from the split with Matt Pryor is also phenomenal. Can't wait for more, and of course I'm very curious what are those teasers about.

CMilliken likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away

Saw them live once with A Great Big Pile of Leaves and Prawn and I think they were good... It was just really loud. You could barely make out anything specific because it felt like a wall of sound. Could have been better.

17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Wall of sound sounds definitely exciting to me hehe ;D

18. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Yea, even listening with a decent pair of headphones felt like that - not in a bad way, but in a way that made me feel like I was missing something.

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's the sacrifice of having a huge sound, sometimes good parts get lost in all of that, and it's just selfless to put out musical moments like that out there. Imagine you play that super intricate riff and it gets lost in the wash of 3 guitars and 6 delay pedals - in the end it's just all to create something specific, with no need to show off one's abilities or whatever. I'm definitely in for something like that, obviously because they play with it and mix it up with smoother and calmer parts, at times with just 2 or 1 guitars doing anything, it just leads to those cathartic elements.

20. HalfHearted

Regular

Hoping we get a new album this year. Bloom and Breathe is one of my favorites records to listen to since it has been released.

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. Morkypep

That last single they released "Captive" was so amazing. I'm super stoked for more !

22. futures

23. futures

24. OotyPa

fall away

New song

25. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Loving the new single already! Pure Noise still didn't get my respect back, but I won't be angry at the band for having a contract or what. Can't wait for that record, it will be here sooner than I thought!

futures and coleslawed like this.