Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

gates - Parallel Lives (June 3, 2016) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Ricky's Law

This is a damn fine cup of coffee.

Bless y'all.

2. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

My favorite Gates song was never on an album.

3. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Albeit it's been released on a split with Matt Pryor, I'm pretty sure - so it's still fine. Agreed it's an amazing song!

4. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Over the past week I’ve listened through their discography twice for the first time, and holy shit, I love them. I’ve heard them recommended to me for years and wish I had listened earlier. I like their older stuff quite a lot but goddamn they really leveled up in every way on Bloom and Breathe: the lead singer’s voice, the songwriting, the production. They really branched out on Parallel Lives too. Wow

5. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

I’m going to see TWIABP at the end of October and I’m bummed Gates isn’t opening the date I’m going. I still am pumped because I checked out Sunsleeper who’s opening the date I’m going to and they’re pretty sweet. Also, the other opener, Bent Knee, is so fucking good

Bartek T. likes this.
  6. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

I tried to find a dedicated thread but couldn't find one. Does any know whatever happened to Weaver at the Loom? I just found out about his one-off-side project Speakrs with their EP Afterglow from 2015, but nothing since...

Such a great polished sound. It's a shame that it looks like he stopped making music.

Bartek T. and Friendjamin like this.
  7. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

I think mid 2010s he was making an album and the hard drive got bricked or something and he lost the whole thing. He remade some of it and that became the Lapdog EP. Then he kinda just faded away I think. I didn’t know about the Speakrs EP. Is it worth listening to?