Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

gates - Parallel Lives (June 3, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Apr 19, 2016.

1. amorningofsleep Apr 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

Album Purchase
    FULL ALBUM STREAM

Tracklisting:
    1. Forget
    2. Habit
    3. Eyes
    4. Shiver
    5. House & Home
    6. Empty Canvas
    7. Color Worn
    8. Penny
    9. Left Behind
    10. Parallel Lives

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

this band is really good. I wish drum production was better on this and the last album though.

3. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Wow, didn't know this was coming out, pretty excited for it now. Last album was pretty good, and this song is amazing.

Band is too good for PNR.

4. NitrateDawn

Regular

These guys are so great. Loving the new song.

5. NitrateDawn

Regular

Interesting you feel that way. I was listening to their whole discography not long ago and one of the things that stood out to me is how much better the drums sound on the album than the EPs.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

fuck pure noise
    Still will listen ugh

7. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Thought the last one was a bit dull and overlong, but this song is pretty good and I like the shorter tracklist. Maybe I'll give it a chance.

8. amorningofsleep

They always try to drag me into grabbing a bundle just for the slipmat. Luckily, I like the last one they did better.

9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Dunno how so many people seem to forget about this band or forget how good they are. These guys are relentlessly fantastic, have never had a disappointing release, and put so much heart into their music. Really excited for this.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the pure noise thing really turns people off, even if they're likely the least involved band on the whole label

11. dead_fm

Regular

stoked on this release.....the /300 variant is kinda blah though, I'm going for the orange crush.

12. HalfHearted

Regular

This just became my most anticipated for the year. Bloom and Breathe is still so good.

13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Sucks that it's on Pure Noise. I love these guys and they're wonderful humans, so it sucks that they are stuck with the drivel on that label. I can't in good conscience give that label any of my money, so I'll probably be downloading the album, or an advance if I ever get one, and then just handing the band cash at a show directly. Cut out the middle man. Bummed not to pick up the vinyl, but I have enough/too many records already as it is.

Iago likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

If this album takes the best 4 songs from B&B and expand on that sound, rather than the harsher stuff, this will be probably be a GOAT album to my ears. I like this first song more than a lot of MovMu's s/t. I'm just a fan of the more technical aspect this band brings, and the drummer is one of my favorites to come out in recent years.

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i love this single so much. i love this band. i hate this label

16. I wish there was a way I could support these guys directly, living in Ireland - or at least in a way that cuts out PNR, because fuck that label. A number of bands I like remain associated with them and I have no idea why.

17. amorningofsleep

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoa, cool. Totally missed this being announced

19. Kmil

Trusted

Really like the 2 songs released so far, can't wait. Get to see Thrice, Gates, and La Dispute together in a month, so excited.

Lindsay M likes this.
  20. Horrorca

Trusted

I really like them, but every time I'm listening to them I find myself hoping for MovMou to release a new album... still a bit excited by this

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Habit is cool. Gotta check out Empty Canvas now I guess.

Looking forward to this album but fuck this label. Maybe I'll buy this from them directly on their tour with Thrice if I like the album enough. Trying to save my money on vinyl/shirts for albums I love and I can't say this band has put out anything I love yet, but they certainly have the potential too. The first album grows a little tiresome for me when I listen to it even though it's pretty good overall, so hopefully the shorter tracklist here really benefits this album.

22. Leftandleaving

born dead and low especially are two of my favorite songs of the past couple years. really hoping something on this album hits that level

Deathco_019 likes this.
  23. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Coooool, glad to hear this is coming. I enjoyed their first record a ton

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

Born Dead I'd one of my favorites from this album along with Not My Blood and At Last Da Loneliest Of Them

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I love ALTLOT but got sick of NMB pretty quickly. Played it a lot when the single came out