Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gates - Here and Now (October 29, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Sep 21, 2021.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Wax Bodega

Preorder

Tracklisting:
    1. Out of Nothing
    2. Where to Begin
    3. Pretending
    4. We Are
    5. Lie in Wait
    6. If I Could

2. amorningofsleep

3. Horrorca

Trusted

alright! always excited to hear new Gates

4. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

loving this

5. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

What a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning. Cant wait to hear the rest of this! Any word on a west coast tour? They seem to stay pretty local while touring.

6. They're joining The World is a Really Long Name for the east coast dates only so nothing around this, it seems!

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

one of my favorite bands of all time, hope this lives up to the insane hype ive built up in my head

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

october is the month that just keeps giving - looking forward to this

9. Kmil

Trusted

This is great, got my pre-order in. I thought it would be a full length, but either way I am here for it.

10. amorningofsleep

I adore the ending to this

11. amorningofsleep

Contender likes this.
  12. It’s really cool how effectively this track builds and progresses while it feels like the intention was to sit and let it breathe without forcing a big climactic part. Homie doesn’t even touch the snare drum until there’s less than a minute left, barely even moves from his hi hat

13. amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. amorningofsleep

15. amorningofsleep

17. This track is IT, god damn

18. Kmil

Trusted

Track is gorgeous.

19. Lfg

20. Geez, this was beautiful. Really leans into kinda just being one mood with songs that lead into one another, which is awesome. Kevin absolutely going for it on some of this vocally too, definitely feels like the most confident he’s ever sounded. Could probably say the same about the drummer

If I Could was the major standout but man is it just good to hear this band again in general

21. Sounds like there's more to come.

beachdude and Ellamamama like this.
  22. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

What a great return, If I could is such a great closer.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. amorningofsleep

This is just so so good. I absolutely adore Out of Nothing. Pretty way to kick it off.

24. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Wow, I love this. I feel like this has the vibe of Bloom & Breathe more than Parallel Lives. There aren’t too many bands making music right now (that I listen to at least) that have that post-rockTM sound, but this just scratches that itch.

25. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I never really was clear on this, what is the fanbases stance on Parallel Lives? As someone who discovered the band because of it and has a hard time connecting with B&B, I absolutely adore Parallel and consider it to be one of my favorite albums of all time.