Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gates – “Where to Begin” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

New EP "Here and Now" coming out October 29th

Track Listing:
    Out of Nothing
    Where to Begin
    Pretending
    We Are
    Lie in Wait
    If I Could

Preorder bundles available here:
    Wax Bodega
    Wax Bodega

3. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Oh hell yes! I was wondering if they were still active. Super underrated band.

j0hnnyrt and thechetearly like this.
  4. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

This is extremely my shit. Love everything about this.

5. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Oh hot damn they're back! This makes me so happy.

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Been a while happy to see they are still around.

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Fuck yes.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I am assuming they are Mandy fans! Very cool

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Was a little disappointed by the previous album, having loved the one before, as I thought it didn't get out of first gear often enough and blended together. But this track actually built to a crescendo, rather than leaving the listeners hanging. Definitely looking forward to the EP now!

m9tt likes this.
  10. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

This sounds really good.

11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I saw them shortly before COVID hit, and they said that they never went away, they just stopped playing shows & posting on social media

12. KyleK

If you're not making new music, performing or communicating with fans, isn't that the definition of going away?

Yourbiggestflan likes this.
  13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just stated in their thread, I think it's amazing and I'm so glad to have new music from them, even if it's an EP. Good seeing that the single wasn't first or last track on the track list hahh, I never like having it spoiled.

thechetearly likes this.
  14. thechetearly

Regular

Ugh I have so much love for this band! Been following Ethan's (one of the guitarists) career since he was in Lydia. Saw them open for Thrice in Orlando a while back (only time I've seen Gates) and good god they were so great live. Bought tickets to the The World is a Beautiful Place... show in Toronto solely to see Gates again Haha (I don't know a single TWIABP song). Also, their song "The Thing That Would Save You" from their Bloom and Breathe record is genuinely one of the best songs ever written...ever (in my opinion).

15. thechetearly

Regular

Also I would LOVE to see them tour with Explosions in the Sky and / or Mono.

Crisp X and Yourbiggestflan like this.
  16. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Not if you’re hanging out with each other & playing & writing constantly. They never broke up or even went on a hiatus,they just stopped playing shows & posting on the internet,they’ve been incredibly active behind the scenes

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Also Kevin has been doing a significant amount of production which I’m sure has informed a lot of the work the whole band was doing at the time

18. xenoabe

Regular

Damn! This is so good. Glad to have them putting out new music again.

19. thevastminority

Regular

Dope

20. KyleK

Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to come off so smartass. Definitely agree if they've been busy writing and playing privately they're an active band. I guess I meant to imply that it's understandable people perceived them to be taking a break from things because they had remained so low-key.

theasteriskera likes this.