Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Garth Brooks Breaks Record for Most Diamond Albums

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mary J. DiMeglio, writing at Billboard:

Already America’s best-selling solo artist, country superstar Garth Brooks is now the first musician with seven diamond albums.

The Recording Industry Association of America announced last Wednesday (Sept. 21) that Brooks’ 2007 The Ultimate Hits has sold 10 million copies. The two-CD compilation with bonus DVD of music videos joins his six previous diamond albums: No Fences, Garth Brooks, Double Live, Sevens, The Hit, and Ropin’ the World.

Brooks has surpassed The Beatles, who have six diamond releases, but the Fab Four outrank him in total number of certified units sold.

2. aniafc

Trusted

This is fucking insane.

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That live version of The Thunder Rolls on double live is nuts.

4. DooDooBird

Trusted

I heard a new song by him and it was absolute dogshit. I have a soft spot for country music, but he's completely washed up.

5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

more like rhinestone record amm i rite

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Love me some Garth. I can appreciate and do appreciate every genre of music. I love them all. Doesn't help that I grew up with my mom always playing country.

7. Fox83

Trusted

I don't really follow country music, but I had no idea he finally released an album a few years ago. The guy's career is so massive, I would have thought news like that would reach even a non-listener like me.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

His most recent album was crap; hopefully he actually takes his time with this next one and gets some really good songwriters

9. vinylfilmaholic

I just bought that hits set a week or two ago. Maybe I was one of the people who pushed it over the edge

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'm not surprised at all by this.
    he played 11 shows in 7 days at the Target Center in 2014.
    I wonder how much his aversion to Spotify was a contribution.

also, Gates should probably look into a different typeface for their "g" logo before Garth sees it.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Imagine if our US Bank Stadium was open at that point; he'd probably sell out a good 2-3 shows there