Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gardening

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Now:Navigate!, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Any hobbyists, market gardeners, or small farmers here?

Today I'm starting some seeds for my first vegetable garden in a few years, and the first at my own home!

2. I dabble.

GrantCloud and Now:Navigate! like this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Veggies (and chickens) here. So much work. Mostly worth it.

Now:Navigate! likes this.
  4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Over the spring/summer a couple years back, when out of a job from pandemic, I started with peppers and cucumbers. And tomatoes.... lots of varieties... the next year, I was working didnt have as much time. Still had fun.

This year. I dont have the time, though I feel like it has to be done, so tomatoes, cukes, peppers. And whatever else I can get.

Now:Navigate! likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Built this with fence posts this weekend. I've planted tomatoes, serranos, habaneros, cucumbers, squash, and watermelon

20220402_153005.jpg

I'm new to all of it. The building part was fun. We have a bunch of seeds we need to plant too

Jason Tolpin and Now:Navigate! like this.
  6. The Emologist

Crusted

Jalapeños, banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, green beans, and heirloom tomatoes! Can’t wait to get it going!

Now:Navigate! and ChaseTx like this.
  7. Ahhhh very excited for everyone!
    I planted a bit ambitiously and got an April frost here on Long Island so I’m a bit sad but I’ll see y’all after Mother’s Day or when some of my indoor stuff gets going :)

The Emologist likes this.
  8. chris

Trusted Supporter

Moved into a place with a yard and some raised beds already built. Got some cleaning/maintenance still to do, but got some lavender, chamomile, and mint planted. Still planning for: tomatoes, green beans, kale, and carrots, maybe some peppers as well.

Also planted a starter rose bush earlier this week

9. Experiments with indoor herbs are in progress I guess, but I’m already having plenty of learn-by-screwing-up experiences.

We got April frosts and I decided to wait until Mother’s Day to plant outside, so hopefully I’ll have something decent outside (squirrels be damned) in a little while.

Attached Files:

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

20220510_172735.jpg

I've got some tiny tomatoes and cucumbers going

Garrett and Now:Navigate! like this.
  11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Nice! Hopefully, this weekend Im planting.

12. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I've got tomatoes and some peppers that I planted last week.

ChaseTx and Jason Tolpin like this.
  13. ChaseTx May 12, 2022
    (Last edited: May 12, 2022)
    ChaseTx

20220512_224954.jpg

My first harvest. They're pretty small so I'm not sure if I should have left them in the ground longer, but some of the leaves were turning yellow so I decided to pull em. My arms and eyes are itching after washing/cutting them, hope that doesn't mean I'm allergic lol

kelseyleigh and Now:Navigate! like this.
  14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

planted this weekend, but not all the seeds:

Tomato plants, pepper plants, lettuce, spinach seeds, cuke seeds, radishes, - 15 plants in total and all the seeds.

Heres hoping.

ChaseTx and kelseyleigh like this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

16. GrantCloud likes this.
  17. high hopes for all these

Attached Files:

Jason Tolpin likes this.