Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness (August 18, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I didn't see this on anyone's AOTY list?

2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

3. jdr2187 Dec 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2017)
    jdr2187

jdr2187

4. Dave Diddy

Ah okay, I wasn't calling you a liar haha I was just curious. Cause I opened about 7 or 8 from the publication AOTY thread and didn't see them mentioned in any of those.

5. jdr2187

jdr2187

Oh yeah it’s for sure being overlooked on most lists I’ve seen, but I saw it on a handful of lists so I just assumed that’s where the sudden interest in this album must have come from. I’m just glad to see it getting some love.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If the transition from Le symbolique into Let Me Down Easy doesn’t hype you tf up, who are you reaaallllyyyy

7. sawhney[rusted]2

If the transition from Le symbolique into Let Me Down Easy doesn’t hype you tf up are you realllyyyy alive?

Mary V likes this.
  8. jdr2187

jdr2187

Looks like these guys are coming to the US next year. Woke up this morning to a notification that they had announced a show here in Nashville. Even better it’s in a 200 capacity venue!

Gjpeace and Mary V like this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sawhney[rusted]2 and sean_rugy like this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

This album has that timeless quality.

Can't wait to try to introduce this to my father, who I believe will really enjoy this.

CarpetElf, Mary V and jdr2187 like this.
  12. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I played this for my Dad, and he really loved it. That’s not too surprising, I guess, but I think it’s still super cool. (His music taste has been affected greatly by the years I’ve spent on this site/AP.)

Mary V, jdr2187 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I just discovered this band on a AOTY list and "Persevere" is one of the best songs I've heard in a while.

CarpetElf, Dave Diddy and Mary V like this.
  14. CarpetElf likes this.
  15. ARX39 Jan 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2018)
    ARX39

Newbie Prestigious

Album of the year. I am not sure how this isn't all over this website. This is art.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I somehow missed this record all together until yesterday and it's really damn good

sean_rugy likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah this was and still is Top 5 for me.

18. Dave Diddy

I've probably listened to Persevere about 30 times but it never fails to just break my heart

jdr2187 likes this.
    Dave Diddy likes this.
  20. BenSmith94

Trusted

This album is/was incredible. All this talk from aging rock stars who haven't released a good album in years, saying rock and roll is dead...pretty sure Gang of Youths spectacularly put that notion to bed.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

i can't wait to see them in a ~300 cap room.

22. Muskheart

You’re very lucky. Have seen them in both a venue that small and an outdoor festival stage - it doesn’t really matter now as their live show is so good that they nail it no matter the size. You’re in for a treat.

heywassuphello likes this.
  23. Dave Diddy

Man the closest they come to me is a 5 hour drive in a different state but I really want to go. I don't have anyone who'd want to go with me is the other problem.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

The show closest to me is sold out :/

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Tour is really selling well. Good for them but I also think they could be playing in bigger venues than they are booked but I think they are still testing out the waters/markets in North America.

radiodead likes this.