Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness (August 18, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Aug 22, 2017.

1. UK/EU fans:

Mattww likes this.
  2. Say Yes To Life video! Filmed here in Melbourne!

CarpetElf and DejaMoi like this.
  3. MelbourneFolkPunk

"Goodnight Springton, there will be no encores!"

Their Like A Version was great.

Do many non-Aussies tune into Like A Version? There's some amazing stuff.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

All the time. Found Middle Kids through them!

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I'm listening now. This is so good

6. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Had sooooooo much stuff come out recently that this got put on the back burner for a bit but I'm back baby. This cd is just so damn good. I think 'Persevere" will likely be my favorite song of 2017, and this album will be high up there as well.

Mary V likes this.
  7. So, they were nominated for 8 ARIA awards, and won 4! They won: Album of the year, best rock album, best group, and producer of the year. They also performed What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out? during the award show. Very proud and happy for them!

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I totally understand why this record is well liked by many, including this website, but I just didn't really connect with it. I hear some of the influences mentioned, but it's not sticking with me. I heard the No Plus Ones podcast talking about the record so I gave it a shot, but it's just not for me, which is a bummer. I wanted to like this record.

9. New video:

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

WHERE HAVE I BEEN ALL YEAR THIS IS EVERYTHING

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

God I am loving this album

sean_rugy and Mary V like this.
  12. I would love this band to be so much bigger than they are.
    This is one of those, makes you feel less alone albums for me.

I really can't get into Achilles Comes Down though haha, skip it every time.

13. I love the album, but also have a hard time with Achilles. I don't skip it, but it kind of drags for me at 7 minutes.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

These orchestral passages/influences are such a fresh choice

15. sawhney[rusted]2

Also, what does everyone think of the Deepest Sighs? I think it may be my favorite

16. Definitely my favourite off the album, I think it'll become one of my favourite ever songs too.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah that crescendo into the chorus, rather than a standard pre-chorus is incredible

18. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Happy to see some new faces in here. I didn't do a proper ranking for 2017 but if I really had to think about it, this is probably my favorite cd of the year.

Mary V, sawhney[rusted]2 and jdr2187 like this.
  19. sean_rugy

Fear and Trembling is such a solid way to open this album, it gives you a little taste of everything you're gonna hear.

Keep Me in the Open is what I keep coming back to though.

Mary V and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  20. jdr2187

jdr2187

Yeah good to see the all the AOTY lists brought a lot of attention to this great album. Also crazy to see people talking about not enjoying Achilles, it’s one of my favorites.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. jdr2187

jdr2187

Agree about Fear and Trembling. According to Spotify it was my most played track this year.

sean_rugy likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

I casually enjoyed the album before this but somehow missed this release completely over the summer. That bums me out because some of these songs would have been perfect for the warmer weather playlists.

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’ve never even opened this thread for some reason, but just popping in to say I love this album and it made my top ten this year.

Mary V, jdr2187 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Since discovering this earlier in the week I haven't been able to stop playing it. First three songs, The Heart is a Muscle, Deepest Sighs, and Say Yes to Life are phenomenal. I'm really surprised this hasn't received much attention outside of Australia.

Mary V and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.