Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness (August 18, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Aug 22, 2017.

1. jdr2187

jdr2187

Weird, I don't hear Finn at all in his voice. Agree to disagree I guess.

2. lina555

Regular

jdr2187 likes this.
  3. Listened through this morning with the lyrics. This album is a very good album.

4. mationation

I think God's a painter

here i am sobbing in my van/bedroom at 1 am to "say yes to life". been a while since a song's hit me this hard. and "persevere", so heartbreaking.

this is incredible. i'm so inspired.

it's strange all the things that i've run from are the things that completeness could come from.

and the lines at the store look like lines on a beautiful face

DejaMoi and jdr2187 like this.
  5. jdr2187

jdr2187

Got this on vinyl today! Still listening to this album pretty much daily.

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Oh that's sweet. I've still been listening quite a bit although with David Ramirez and The National both out, and Noah Gundersen next week my listening will decline somewhat. But Go Farther in Lightness is a perfect fall/winter album in my opinion and don't see this falling out of rotation anytime soon.

DejaMoi likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Holy fuck. I don't know if there's anyone here who loved The Middle East like I do but still.

Serenity Now likes this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Oh shit guess I got some listening to do eh

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Ok after reading through this thread I'm convinced there is enough interest here to warrant a live listening party. I loved reading everyone who has posted their thoughts in this thread so far. Thank you for that.

Tagging more of my peeps so that they can get on this train too @fenway89 @KennedyBN @teebs41 and Australia's official Chorus resident @Mary V

11. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

whoa im sitting here eating sour cream and onion chips next thing ya know my bud colin tags me here so im listening to the song in the OP and its wonderful

DejaMoi, bachna84 and jdr2187 like this.
  12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Single artwork is just as moving as the song itself

IMG_0290.JPG

13. OH HEY! I just came into this thread to tag you and saw all the new comments! I'm listening now aha

EDIT: I didn't get a notification when you tagged me but I appreciate you thinking of me!

DejaMoi likes this.
  14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Glad you managed to see it anyways despite not getting the notification but ya I tagged you and gave you a nice little shoutout!

We still need to schedule a time for the listening party of this album gang

bachna84 and Mary V like this.
  15. I'm in! I'm just gutted I only got into them a few days ago. They played a show in Melbourne two weeks ago and I wasn't there. Next time I'll be there!

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You're lucky they are from Australia. They will definitely be back. Been following them on social media for awhile and they plan a ton in Australia so definitely not a question of IF but WHEN at this point. You will see them one day i'm sure. They def don't come to North America too much but that's to be expected so its all good

17. I'll definitely end up seeing them. Their next show in Australia is a festival next year, and I'm sure there will be a normal tour after that too. They're off to Europe/UK next so hopefully a North American tour is next! They played a 5.5k venue in Melbourne, interested to hear what size venues they're playing overseas, should be super intimate

18. Been listening to this pretty consistently lately. Tag me for the listening party, please! Sounds like a grand ol' time.

DejaMoi and Mary V like this.
  19. jdr2187 Sep 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2017)
    jdr2187

jdr2187

On Facebook they seem to be hinting at a US tour!

DejaMoi and bachna84 like this.
  20. henryviolence

Top 5 of the year -- This record is incredible. I hope they take off in North America.

Mary V likes this.
  21. Anyone else a huge fan of Achilles Come Down?

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that's my favorite.

Mary V likes this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I'm thinking listening party this week. Depends how many are interested, totally flexible on the date/time.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. jdr2187

jdr2187

They covered Bowie's Heroes for the new Justice League film.

Mary V likes this.
  25. Wow! Great cover, and this could (should) be huge for them

DejaMoi likes this.