Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gang of Youths - angel in realtime (February 25, 2022) • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mary V, Jun 12, 2021.

1. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

yes but also no

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When you put “I” it sort of nullifies the need for people to argue mostly.

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

it's a fair take. when Positions dropped I thought it was the Australian rock album of the decade and had no idea how they'd ever top it. I guess they did, but it's lean and muscular in a way Go Farther isn't by design, which is sometimes better when I just want this band to pummel me in the face

any ranking of this band's best songs should have Vital Signs, Diving Bell, Magnolia and Radioface at the bare minimum imo

Leftandleaving, .K. and Mary V like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They’re about to have 3 very different albums, or 3 different ways to have “bared their musical souls”.

5. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Damn, I need to listen to the Positions then. I love Go Farther and like their new songs, but haven’t listened to anything earlier than Go Farther

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Let me be clear is a great ep too. I just think that @Rowan5215 is right that positions is much more trim

Rowan5215 and Friendjamin like this.
  7. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Haha! I just looked at The Positions and it’s an hour long. Go Farther would be one of the few albums that could make it seem trim

Leftandleaving and Rowan5215 like this.
  8. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Really great performance on Colbert.

aspeedomodel, disambigujason and .K. like this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This song is still great and catchy. The lyrics are quite fantastic and I hope there are a few songs like this to go with the more electronic songs on the new record. I know I’ve been warned that’s not the case, but this song is so cool.

10. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Man, I'll admit I was super nervous/bummed when Joji left because his guitar work was so cool. But damn is Jung killing it..

Leftandleaving likes this.
  11. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

I just listened to The Positions and love it. Do they have any earlier albums that aren’t on streaming or have previous bands they played for. That album’s so good it’s hard to believe it’s their first

12. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I really wish artists would do this right away...I'm a top listener on Spotify so of course I pre-ordered the album when they first announced it.

13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just a couple of singles, Benevolence Riots, Riverlands and Evangelists. you can find them on various streaming places I think, but they're not particularly amazing. Positions was a running leap forward

Friendjamin, .K. and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  14. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

thebloodhound likes this.
  16. MAGNOLIA

disambigujason, morken and BenSmith94 like this.
  17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

2-1/2 months is such a long time to wait for this to finally come out. I've already borderline overplayed the four singles because they're so great. Most anticipated of early 2022 for sure.

18. Leftandleaving

Mary V likes this.
  19. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, I think I'm going to just go into black out mode until album drops. This drip feed is killing me haha

.K., Matthewconte and Slangster like this.
  20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

And I wish I could make it, so you could see yourself
    Just seeing everything
    Whatever it's called out there in the firmament

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Because of the stylistic shift, I don’t mind having some of these songs early to prepare myself more for this record and grow to appreciate the new songs. I’m

22. Leftandleaving

I don’t think the record is that big a shift honestly

morken and disambigujason like this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I have not tired of a single one of these songs in the last six months.

sawhney[rusted]2, .K. and Slangster like this.
  24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They do. I do. Just instrumentally. Except Garden. It’s the most different. I instantly loved Angel. The band does experiment a lot. This just comes from a different direction.