Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game Over, Man! (Netflix, March 23rd) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jan 4, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Most of the negatives in the bad reviews are reasons I liked Workaholics so much lol

Watching tomorrow night most likely

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I thought the same thing until I actually saw it. My girlfriend and I are huge fans of Workaholics and just did a binge watch a couple months ago, but that was very difficult to finish watching.

3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

crap this makes me sad. was looking forward to watching this tomorrow night. was gunna last night, but was so tired

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the show drops off really hard in season 4.

My parents watched this movie last night and gave mixed reviews

5. RyanPm40

It was fun seeing Kevin from Shameless playing one of the bad guys, and the celebrity cameos were cool.

Poor Joel and Steve-O

waking season and I Am Mick like this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Would I like this if I was never that huge on Workaholics?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

Definitely not haha I think being a fan is the only reason I didn't stop watching 30 mins in

8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I enjoyed a majority of Workaholics during its run, but this is a very sloppy and unfunny film. All graphic violence and pop culture references as jokes, and there are some especially bad moments during the hostage scenes.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Wow this is real bad. Leans way too heavy into the shock factor and gore instead of actually having humor.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought it was fine. Mostly just a hard R Workaholics episode.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah just watched and thought it was pretty good but wouldn't go above that. Definitely more similar to the more over the top raunchy and gory later seasons than the genuinely clever first few seasons but I really enjoyed seeing these guys onscreen together again. Wish Kyle had a cameo but I was super happy to see Jillian

What do you guys think about the sequel bait at the end though? I really hope they make it, that premise has some good potential and I would love to see the guys keep doing shit together

12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Bad movie with 3 great jokes the elevator, Donald Faison “Scrubs”, them all shooting at each other

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

terrible movie

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The only time I legitimately laughed out loud was the Shaggy bit when he hit the verse.

15. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

As someone who loved Workaholics I made it about 20 minutes before turning it off.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I don't know guys, I really enjoyed this

BornToRun likes this.
  17. This was fun enough. I don’t know what you all were expecting but this is exactly what I expected from them. Just dumb and fun.

Aaron Mook and NJPunkMusic like this.
  18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

agreed. hope they make game overboard

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was so high I literally thought the bad guy was Aaron Eckhart in heavy makeup the entire movie.

It was pretty terrible, has a few laughs though. Also the score weirdly sounded like the creepy Under the Skin theme at times, didn’t fit at all.

Doomsday and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I thought this was solid. I don't see how any fan of Workaholics wouldn't like this as it is the exact same type of humor and banter between the 3 leads. Only difference is they have the go-ahead to push the violence and indecent exposure to great lengths.

21. RyanPm40

Idk, I didn't even find it nearly as funny as the final seasons of Workaholics, and I know people tend to not love those newer ones. Huge difference in humor to me, there were just too many jokes that didn't land in between the ones that did. It made the movie feel incredibly long. Blake and Anders just weren't very funny in this, Adam carried it.

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I thought the scene with Gabrus was pretty funny. Unbelievably stupid and ridiculous

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think I only like that scene because I knew who Gabrus is hahaha.

The scene in the hotel room with the 2 gunmen had me in stitches. As soon as Adam grabbed the belt, I called what he was gonna do with it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Yeah, this was almost exactly what I expected. Far from perfect, but there were a handful of laughs. Also far from "0% on Rotten Tomatoes" bad. I can't really imagine being disappointed in this if you enjoy Workaholics, but I understand the complaints.

This was gorier than most, if not all, of the horror movies I've seen in the past year lmao

RyanPm40 and chewbacca110 like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Easily the best scene in the movie