Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 632

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man I’m just tired of them announcing all these spin offs/prequels when they’re so far away. I was really pumped for the Naomi Watts project, but then that got cancelled.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Who wants a horny cartoon

Contender and David87 like this.
  3. David

airik625, coleslawed, Joe4th and 5 others like this.
  4. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Increasingly feel like none of these are getting made (mercifully)

Cameron likes this.
  5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

I will literally take anything from this world. Though I’m not really a big fan of the cartoon idea. You gonna make a high drama medieval cartoon? Lol

coleslawed and dorfmac like this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

There’s going to end up being like 10 spin-offs lol

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

what a dumb idea

Cameron likes this.
  8. We would’ve been fine with just one tbh.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy shit finish what you have planned

coleslawed likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

2/3 sound more interesting than the two that have been talked about

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

1. holy shit that's awesome omggggg truly maybe the best parts of The World of Ice and Fire book. I think I'm on record in this thread asking for this series, though I think I asked for Lomas Longstrider instead of the Sea Snake, but I'll take it.

2. Uhh...okay I guess? There's so much lore GRRM has already introduced, I don't really know why they'd do something like this.

3. Also cool, though not as interesting as idea #1 to me. But it WOULD mean we'd get to see some more cool as locales in the Known World. They went to the Basilisk Islands, Sothoryos (!!), Naath, and the Summer Isles before finally settling in Dorne.

I imagine/assume that the material for these things is probably only worth a season or 2 each, which I think is a perfect thing to do. You can do some longer form shows like House of the Dragon that focus on bigger events in history, but you can def get one or two season mini-series out of a lot of this stuff.

I still can't believe they haven't decided to attempt the Conquest yet, but I guess they wanna world build a little first. And I do think, when we get far enough away from the flagship, they'll take a crack at the events leading up to Robert's Rebellion. Hopefully starting with letting us see Sir Duncan and King Egg.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also not sure why everyone is hating on this lol. Y'all really let 1.5 seasons of mistake sour you on an entire richly built world full of some really cool stuff. There's a lot of entertaining TV to be mined from this world.

dorfmac and Contender like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

the show was pretty bad from season 5, and I don't think anyone really cares about the lore or the world. they care about the characters and the story Martin wrote. I don't think other writers can do that very well, and I certainly don't want that more than I want original stories

SpyKi likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Season 5 has rough patches for sure and is definitely the weakest season, mostly because they absolutely butchered Dorne just to hit their goal of being done in 8 seasons or whatever, and also because they decided to put Sansa in the North and handled that not so well, to say the least. But the season still has some really strong episodes IIRC...Kill the Boy had great scenes with Jon and Aemon, we saw a glimpse of Old Valyria, Barristan finally gets to be a badass before they made the bad decision of killing him. And the last 3 episodes are off the hook.

Season 6 I think was overall pretty great. Jon come back, Tower of Joy, family reunions, Hold The Door, The Hound, Arya completing her training (though of course the training itself was a downside of the season), and again the final two episodes just being redonkulous.

7 and 8 were weak, though I still don't think 7 was as bad in hindsight, at least half of it. They started rushing things but it wasn't THAT bad. 8 was great entertainment but bad writing and, again, the ridiculous rush to get to the end ASAP. Went from a meticulously detailed show to a popcorn summer blockbuster but in TV show form. I have heard multiple accounts now from people who have binged the show all the way through weren't as turned off by season 8 as the long haul watchers seemed to be, and I wonder if that's because they didn't have 7-8 years to get used to a watching a show that made it a point to storytell instead of just going for the big moments. Maybe getting all that out of the way in a few months time softens the blow a bit? I'm still not ready to do a proper re-watch but I'm interested to see if I dislike Season 8 less when I do.

I think there are a lot of other great characters in Martin's world that people can really like. I don't know if Corlys or Nymeria are those characters, but I think HBO thinks they can get at least a few million viewers out of Martin's fans to sit down and enjoy watching their nerdy world get put into action. I don't think they're wrong. I doubt any of these shows will do GOT numbers but 2-3 million for a couple of seasons like Season 1 of GOT did definitely seems doable. With the bigger shows like House of the Dragon definitively capable of doing more.

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

none of those sound remotely interesting. still most excited by the one that's actually in progress

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

season 8 is the weakest by far. just top to bottom poppycock

the rural juror likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

idk man....that Dorne storyline in 5 is just rough.

But it also has the last 3 episodes which include Hardhome so.

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

If you're interested in the world at all, check out the World of Ice and Fire book. I think I'm like 385353503 times more excited for ideas 1 and 3 because of that. There's a lot of cool stuff that's touched on in the book, different countries and cultures and mysteries and etc that could be really cool to see. I'm especially excited about the idea of seeing Sothoryos and Leng/Yi-Ti. Corlys also went to Asshai I think.

19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

8 (followed by 7) are the worst by a mile. An absolutely astonishing fumble at the 1-yard line.

20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I care about the lore, I'm a lore guy

But I don't care that much

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. I forget this show exists until I see this thread bumped.

Orla likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ll never forget because so many alumni are in other stuff. I’m so happy Pedro has had such a great career thus far. I think the main person I miss seeing is Charles Dance.

Orla and David87 like this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah....and we're gonna get a Robb/Jon reunion in Eternals!

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re marathoning the show I guess for the 10 year anniversary. First season just started. Wild how different it is from what it became. A virtually perfect season too.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

S1-4 are a ton of fun

Leftandleaving, David87 and Orla like this.