Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 630

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

You touch on here partly why I was more excited about a show set in the distant past of that world. While I suppose it would technically fit the definition of 'prequel' if you are being a stickler, it is more just telling another story from that rich world. It seems like splitting hairs or just arguing semantics, but to use a Star Wars analogy, it would be the difference between a movie about Darth Vader as a little kid and a film set in the Knights of the Old Republic time period. 4,000 years is a long time. Mixes things up a little bit and keeps it (slightly) fresh(er).

3. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Seems like the cancelled prequel’s cast/crew may have been unaware they were getting the axe

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed somewhat...I do think they ran the risk of not feeling as fresh simply because it was gonna be the same exestential threat as it was in GOT, the Night King coming to kill us all. I was still excited for that because the Age of Heroes and meeting Bran the Builder and (possibly) Azor Ahai and his flaming sword and etc....but at the same time we’d have the same overall story (Save the world from the ice zombie king) but without the familiar Houses and families....in fact I was both excited but nervous about how Westeros in the time of the First Men was going to be portrayed.

maybe we’ll get it some day. But doing the Targ history does give them a lot of the ‘palace intrigue’ with familiar family names, but still with totally different circumstances.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

premise of this sounds more interesting anyways

currytheword and slowheart like this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

bummer if they weren’t aware.
    It’s crazy how they went full show order with this one. But I guess when GRRM is involved, it gives your treatment a little more oomph

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmm

9. Almost December. Checks out

Doomsday, Cameron, airik625 and 2 others like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

David

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Me seeing a GOT meme and posting it here:

[​IMG]

14. What is [GoT] thread may never die.

coleslawed and David87 like this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I finally caved and grabbed the limited edition box set. As someone who doesn't usually buy these things for TV series, it's really damn cool.

I already have all 8 seasons individually so not sure if there's extra content specifically on the box set that I'm gonna wanna watch or not. I usually just watch the deleted scenes and the histories and lore.

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  16. jorbjorb

7 rings

Finally finished this. The last episode really bummed me out.

Leftandleaving and GrantCloud like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m sorry you had to go through that.

GrantCloud, Brother Beck and jorbjorb like this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm just looking forward to seeing how the book actually does it. Dany's descent into madness and knowing whats going on in Jon's head the whole time is gonna be fantastic (I hope). And I'm interested to see if Bran isn't actually a catatonic emotionless droid after becoming the 3ER.

Gonna have to go find the book thread because this is the year GRRM promised us we can imprison him on an island in New Zealand by this summer if he doesn't have the book ready.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I want it for you, I really do.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and jorbjorb like this.
  21. morgantayler Jan 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2020)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

TIL that the guy who played Trystane is Florence Pugh’s brother. Wild lol.

Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  22. phaynes12

that's insane

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He looks so so different in real life than on the show. I thought they had basically no resemblance but in those pictures it’s pretty strong.

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. phaynes12

it's unsettling how much their dad looks like braff