Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 627

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also also there's only been one post on GRRM's Not a Blog since July 16th and it was posted by his assistants....I'm gonna go ahead and hope that means he got on a hot streak finishing up Winds.

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Seeing how things played out, it makes me think that Benioff & Weiss weren't so much in a hurry to move on to Star Wars per se, but really just to hurry up and get to that ridiculous bidding war for setting up whatever future projects they are going to make, the one that ended up with Netflix giving them a nine figure deal.

The part I don't understand is why they felt they needed to rush the ending of the show...? The ratings were fantastic and I don't think they were declining. Surely they would be just as in-demand in another two years or so, plus they wouldn't be dealing with as much fan backlash from this show.

My personal opinion is that they really had no idea what to do on their own with the story and the characters once they ran out of book material, and also that they couldn't find a good way to hit the major plot points about where the story was supposed to go handed down from GRRM so they basically just threw in the towel, said "here you go" and filmed the shortest, quickest version while hitting those beats.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It really is frustrating to think about how perfect the last two seasons could have been if done right. Someone brought up the idea of them turning the show over to someone else after Season 4 and honestly that probably would have been for the best. I wish they had done so (with GRRMs grace of course).

I do hope this gets redone in 20 years or so. Some network or service will know if they pour money in and do it right, it’ll have a built in audience.

CarpetElf and Brother Beck like this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

6F7DF663-C2B3-431B-B02D-9EF31C462F16.png

coleslawed and Taketimeandfind like this.
  5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Omg
    7FD602B1-AD99-475E-A6B4-7865B4CDC6C9.jpeg

slowheart likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

recall reality, Nathan and Greg like this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Season 8 is marathoning now. Episode 2 is still really really good, minus the rushing through Jaime's return and trial. The Long Night is pretty good even with the lighting issues TBH. And it does seem better lit than it did on premier night in general.

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Kit confirms Jon went to live with the free folk. I thought it was obvious but I know there was still a lot of debate about that.

David87 likes this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I saw that, thought it was a nice touch. In the end he just didn’t want to deal with being around the kingdoms after all the bullshit he went through. It’s kinda dumb he didn’t just stick around to be a Kingd guard to Bran tho lol. Everyone that knew his lineage at that point wasn’t gonna speak up about it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyway the reason why I came to the thread...
    C5897F20-1F55-451A-B045-F722C82FDC1D.jpeg

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bran out here revealing new cards. lol

theagentcoma and CarpetElf like this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

555C772C-D838-4C20-BDEB-294120891783.jpeg

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

David, that post is even more cursed than usual for this thread.

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Listen, all I know is if this gets developed, we're gonna get to meet Prince Daemon aka "Lord Fleabottom", Vermithor, and Vhagar.

And if they really wanna do it right, they'd spend most of the first season of this show setting up the actual war instead of jumping right into it, which means a small chance we get to meet Jaehaerys and see Vermithor before he gets ridden by some random asshole. Unfortunately tho it's entirely possible the first season skips over him all together and they start with the rule of his son.

Unfortunately, ectoplasm Randy Marsh is the apt description of how I feel about this:crylaugh:

Pretty wild if true that GRRM has been working on this personally in secret the last year....no wonder Winds isn't done yet. Dude is definitely more interested in world building than finishing ASOIAF at this point haha

17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

damn I hate that South Park meme

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Serenity Now, Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

We’re going to have to get you some help.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he's beyond help at this point

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The memes are v good and also this is the thread that makes the most sense to share them haha

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  23. [​IMG]

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If I never see that gif again it will be too soon.

phaynes12 and spiffa0 like this.