Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 621

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

He looked the other way for a while when Lord Commander Mormont told him about crasters boys

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

He also genuinely struggles with the conflict between his loyalty to the Watch and his feelings for Ygritte. His gut reaction was to smile when he sees her aiming an arrow at him lol

coleslawed, Wharf Rat and David87 like this.
  3. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I remember that differently, there was a scene where craster's guys roughed Jon up and Jon argued with the Commander and called Craster a Monster. I thought Jon found out about Craster on his own. Is there more to that?

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Jon followed Craster into the woods and saw him dropping off a son for the White Walkers and got knocked out by Craster...when he confronts Jeor about it, he realizes from Jeor's reaction that he already knows and Mormont explains that the Watch needs men like Craster to help them survive beyond the wall, and that Craster "Serves crueler gods than you or I"

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Yeah but that ties back to his fealty to authority as well

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Which I guess the Dany situation does too

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

It’s a different situation imo. He did immediately protest it and never defended the actions of Craster, and actually immediately condemned them. Plus Mormont is removed from the vile act itself, he just didn’t back Jon in stopping it.

Nathan likes this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

True. I'd have to think about it some more, I don't know if there's another situation. You could make the case he knew what Ygritte/The Wildlings did/would do to people and he loved her anyway, but he also refused to participate in it himself.

Anyway, I was just thinking....I really wanna meet Balerion, Vhaegar, and Vermithor. Gimmie the Fire and Blood prequel series, HBO.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

95593E15-95A5-4368-8DFA-F3A8B75E9FE9.jpeg

omgrawr, GrantCloud, dadbolt and 8 others like this.
    coleslawed, AFoolsGlory, Ken and 2 others like this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

:verysad:

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The only character arc that matters.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Master of Grammar and Lord of Lofty Titles

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I love that he became Master of Ships, especially because I feel like in the book when Stannis offers him the title of Hand, he counters that he'd be better as Master of Ships.

THat could just be headcanon but I thought that was part of the exchange in the books.

I can say without a doubt that "Stannis ground his teeth" was part of it though!

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Rewatching the finale right now, like legit re-watch, and all the choices def sit better with me on re-watch.

I feel so bad for Dany, Jon, and Drogon in the throne room scene. And I def think Drogon knows the difference between right and wrong and understands why Jon did what he did. And that really makes me want to have something that explores the dragons more in this world.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah, poor Edmure:crylaugh:

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Loved this

19. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Whoa, here’s a random thought.

Lets say the WW and the NK won the Battle of Winterfell and take over Westeros. Who would be the only other “person” left? The Mountain, right? He can’t be turned into a wigt or WW and unless they literally torn him apart he would have likely just kept killing them, right?

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Mountain is Azor Ahai

coleslawed, David87 and dylan like this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Here’s something to consider. Imagine how angry people would be if they waited for Martin to finish writing the books before they made the final few seasons.

Very few shows can finish it off right to please everyone. I think it’s important to realize that the show for the most part maintained its key cast throughout the run. They didn’t have to replace a main character because of contract issues, or wrongful acts committed in their personal lives generally speaking.

I read a good fan re-write summary of the final season. I’ll give them some credit for coming up with a cool alt ending. But, I’m sure that person wouldn’t have had the guts to kill Ned Stark in season 1.

Also, if you save certain characters, you must kill others. For Dany to survive, that would mean Tyrion, and probably Sansa, Bran and Arya would all die in the long run.

Most of the violent by nature/or design characters died to bring peace to the land. Except for maybe Grey Worm.

Arya, Jon, Bron, Brieanne were all sort of violent by need (revenge, advancement protect).

22. Davjs

Trusted

received_293253928293545.jpeg

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

No, thats not right haha

24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

To be fair they did a shit job explaining what he could and could not see or do but yeah, that’s not right lol

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They explained so little with him and left so many possibilities open for his motivations that that’s about as believable as him being benevolent and good for the realm. Someone even did an edit going into that theory at length and it was pretty cool.

Davjs and dadbolt like this.