Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 619

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

for @Wharf Rat and anyone else that falls into the center of this very specific venn diagram, Sean Clements is on Raised By TV today talking about the first and last episode of GoT and Lauren has famously never seen a single ep before this and its great

chris and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

And that jump-stab move he did on the big giant guy

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

smowashere and MrAirplane like this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That video is hysterical, mostly because it reminds me of when I’m with a group of people and someone asks me a simple question about a show I like to be polite and then I immediately fall into a rabbit hole of my own creation and they are now stuck and don’t know what to do. The fact that there are like 30 microphones taking down what could be word for word a post in this thread is too funny.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Aaron Rodgers is a poster on chorus.fm: confirmed

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

[IMG]
    I'm going to end up defending Troy more than I want to haha

coleslawed and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

When someone on here asks an innocuous simple question about the grateful dead

Can't wait to listen to this

coleslawed, Shrek and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I lost my virginity watching Tory lololol. Will always hold a place in my heart

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

11. DickyCullz

David87 likes this.
  12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.
  13. [​IMG]

David87 likes this.
  14. DickyCullz

David87 likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I was entertained by Troy when it came out.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Did everyone here know that Pod is Rodrik’s son in real life?!

18. If that's how you feel, great. I disagree. I've said my piece and I stand by it.

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i hope Tory knew you were watching her

20. coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  21. For what it's worth, I don't disagree with you that the jump in the show felt rushed (the writers fault) even to me, who as I've said, predicted this arc years ago. The conclusion of the article does too - it wasn't out of nowhere in terms of character development, but it WAS badly written and clumsily delivered in context of what the writers had given us previously. I also don't disagree that she probably legitimately felt justified or was able to rationalize everything - that actually falls completely in line with most would-be dictators with a savior complex. They're dangerous precisely because they believe what they want is inherently just.

My issue with her character was never that she was any worse than everyone else in Westeros - just that she wasn't better, but her predilection to extreme violence got glossed over because nobody liked her victims - some of which was more understandable than others. Just born into different circumstances and a product of her environment/the people around her as much as Cersei (or Sansa) was. All of their stories could've ended very differently in different circumstances (as opposed to fate, which is ultimately man-made based on confirmation and implicit bias). To me, that's what makes it interesting.

22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

settler colonialism also makes you a colonizer. not saying thats what she was doing.

coleslawed and Marx&Recreation like this.
  23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think Dany represents so many of the ideas of power and gender that the series is fundamentally about, so for the further turn into outright active, irrational, inhumane cruelty at King’s Landing to be executed as poorly as it was, and for the show to skip past the fallout of her death so easily and thoughtlessly, really does fail the story being told over these last eight seasons.

24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

During the Dany speech to the Dothraki and Unsullied scene I kept thinking, wow this is legit what many people in America are afraid of. Some liberal white woman taking over and allowing a brown and black invasion.

BirdPerson likes this.
  25. I still just want to know how they (the Dothraki in particular, but the Unsullied as well) all just reappeared back after the battle at Winterfell. I mean I get that it was dark and we couldn't see anything so maybe they weren't slaughtered as was implied but like. BAD WRITING.

Argus and St. Nate like this.