Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 614

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha oh no

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

watching that video with one second from every episode of the show reminds me of how many absolutely amazing moments we've seen on the series throughout the years. May not have ended how everyone would have preferred, but man some of the highs on this show are breathtaking (no pun intended).

coleslawed and David87 like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought this as well in her farewell shot. I loved those books when I was a kid. I wonder if they still hold up?

EASheartsVinyl and CarpetElf like this.
  4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

...bran the raven????

coleslawed likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

More like Bran the Boring amirite!? Heyoooooo

6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Just thinking of people just raising their glasses to all the other kings throughout the history of Westeros. To Aegon the unworthy, here here.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“Please, please, don’t make a fuss. I’m just plain Bran.”

dylan likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl May 21, 2019
    (Last edited: May 21, 2019)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re classics for a reason, so I’m sure they would. I remember quite a few scenes super vividly even though I haven’t read parts of them in probably 20 years. That has to count for something. The only thing I doubt holds up for me personally would be the overtly religious aspects, especially the ending. But the writing and the story I’m sure would be fun to revisit.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Confused why Jon was banished to the Nights Watch. Was this just to appease Grey Worm? He should have been knighted in kings landing if anything, having killed the mass murdering tyrant that threatened all of them. He clearly seemed unhappy going all the way back there.

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Shoulda banished him to acting schoollll amiright?

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He clearly....did not though. He smiled. He's done that like four times in eight years.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, “he clearly seemed unhappy” will probably be etched on his tombstone, but basically the only times he has ever smiled freely were when he was with Tormund and the others.

GrantCloud, CarpetElf and OotyPa like this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

'The Magician's Nephew' blew my 12-year old mind when I read it. So dope.

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  14. This is hilarious

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought there was a moment of realization there for Jon when he first got to Castle Black, didn't he kind of do a deep sigh? Not that he was unhappy, but he kind of realized "Well, I'm back here." when he knew in his heart his whole life he was actually the rightful heir to the Iron Throne the whole time.

I'll have to rewatch but I thought I caught the sigh.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I definitely thought that it was a bittersweet, "Everything got so fucked up but I'm back where I belong," vibe from all those scenes.

coleslawed and David87 like this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, like a "well, here I am....but life is so much simpler up here".

It kinda sucks he didn't want it because he would have been a just king. Bran will be too though.

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

what do yall think were the big overarching themes/motifs of this show?

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I caught the sigh too but I think that final shot is him realizing theres nothing actually stopping him from staying north of the wall.

David87 likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

A Horse and His Boy did the same for me. I don’t think I had ever read a book that took place in a fictional universe without having it be about the main characters before. It seemed so real and full.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Totally. I agree on the religious stuff not being my thing anymore, but C.S. Lewis rules.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

david benioff doesnt believe in themes

coleslawed, Contender, dylan and 13 others like this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

No way does Jon want to be king

Also the people being all “But if Grey Worm leaves then he could just leave any time he wants!” seem to miss that it’s Jon fucking Snow and his defining character trait is being noble and true to his word no matter how much it unnecessarily fucks him over because he has the brain of a child

The real plothole is that nobody thought to ask “wait but why do we still have a Night’s Watch”

Contender likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I truly think the “themes are for book reports” quote is more true than anyone making jokes about it would ever have believed. The books clearly have a ton that they are trying to say, but I don’t think the show ended up trying to say anything in particular once it left those behind. The visual callbacks are certainly much more prevalent than any specific message or ultimate takeaway from the piece as a whole.

25. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i mean he broke his sentence by going and living in the north with the wildlings, not exactly the same as manning castle black. also, people have definitely thought to ask that, but there's no good reason. seems the night watch is basically just him though so maybe the answer is 'we kinda don't actually'

dylan likes this.