Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 613

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I really have no idea what happens with her and Sansa. You are right about that though haha

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So...if George never finishes the books...SOMEONE will right? Like a WoT situation? I have to imagine that’s been discussed at some point.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think George has been really offended by the suggestion in the past and has insisted he wouldn't allow it, but that was like 7-8 years ago now so I wouldn't be surprised if he's had second thoughts about that now that he's getting older and we're still two books away.

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly the best part of the books is going to be that we'll be able to hear the inner monologues of people when the inevitable reveal of Jon's parentage happens. It won't seem as glossed over as it has at times this season.

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Some of the more level headed criticisms of the show and how it played out that I have read have pointed out the fact that GRRM really has written himself into a tough place to finish from with this story so far, and that is at least partly where some criticisms of how the show played out stem from.

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don’t see why Jon would need to die in the books
    He said if he doesn’t finish the series then the show is the end of it

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeahhhhhh...we’ll see.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ANYWAYS im excited for the long night already. naomi watts the GOAT

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

What is The Long Night...?

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Brother Beck likes this.
  11. BoldTitan

Trusted

Peaced out when people started talking about leaks but. Wow. I just feel so dissatisfied with the whole thing. I don't mind the way most of the characters ended up. But the way it happened was so poorly done.

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed, Shrek, Jusscali and 3 others like this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright, so this is what we know of what is west of Westeros as of right now, all from Ser Eustace Hightower, who was on the journey.

I'm gonna skip some of it just to get to the what htey saw/found. The wind dies down, the meat goes bad, and a series of huge storms hits the boats. They lose sight of Sun Chaser, and Autumn Moon is sunk. the men scream "Kraken!" but Eustace insists it was just huge waves caused by the storms. Sun Chaser returns after the storms subside.

Eustace and his boat sail back home, taking some lizards with them.

He attempts to make it to the Summer Islands, but they are farther south then he realized and they end up sailing right to the coast of Sothoryos. Needless to say, there's a LOT of bad shit in Sothoryos. Disease, "monkeys that walk like men", wyverns, basilisks, hundred different kinds of snakes.

Years later, Corlys Velaryon sailed west, made it all the way to Asshai, and in a harbor there glimpsed a ship that he swears from then on could only have been the Sun Chaser. But as far as we know, Lady Alys Westhill was never seen again. If she DID make it to Asshai...well, half of Corlys Velaryon's crew died there, so...

This isn't all of it but it's most of it. I also swear, SWEAR, that I read somewhere in one of these damn books about rumors of someone who sailed too far south and west and came back reporting basically hell on earth, like literal fires and heat....but I can't find it at all now, so consider that headcanon for now. Maesters also theorize that the Seastone Chair, made out of a black oily smooth stone only seen in one other area in Westeros (base of the Hightower in Old Town), was put there by an ancient species from across the Sunset Sea.

Besides the above voyage, at least two other people that we know of have taken to the Sunset Sea hoping to see what's beyond, and neither of them returned or was seen again.

coleslawed, dylan, Wharf Rat and 3 others like this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m really gonna miss Alt Shift X’s recap, and lore videos the most :tear:

coleslawed likes this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

gimme dat spin-off.

Garrett L. and David87 like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It would do most characters a lot of good to pick up a book before they go adventuring.

David87 likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I just went to remind myself of what happens in Voyage of the Dawn Treader because I think that was mostly what Arya reminded me of this episode, and funnily enough the cousin that they take along with them was named Eustace. Coincidence?? Yes, most likely.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  18. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

It has been 24 hours and I am prepared to say that the ending was good.

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

You are not the only one to make this connection...found this on a random blog on tumblr:

20. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Re the journey west of westeros, it’s also important to note that Lady Westhill had been obsessed with sailing, was very skilled, and had to work like hell to plan the trip and convince a crew to go with her because of how dangerous everyone thought it was. I think she sold dragon eggs to finance it. Arya is basically on a suicide trip!

EASheartsVinyl and David87 like this.
  21. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Seeing a lot of people saying it’s dumb that the Night’s Watch still exists. Why shouldn’t it? It’s only like a hundred people up there, so not a ton of resources right? They can’t really be positive that there aren’t any more threats north of the wall given that there was an army of death monsters that nobody believed in a few years ago. Can’t hurt to have somebody up there just in case.

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep...the basic gist of the backstory here is she was very close with a Targaryen (Rhaena? I put the book away already lol), and they had a falling out, so Lady Westhill stole three dragons eggs and sailed to Essos and had a specialized ship made in Braavos specifically for this journey, and is rumored to have paid for it with the dragon eggs.

Many people theorize that these are the 3 dragons eggs that Dany eventually receives as a gift, but no proof of that as of yet.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m going to have to retract my statement about it being a coincidence! I’m glad I’m not the only one making that specific connection. Knew it was rattling around for some reason last night.

David87 likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol...it’s weird to me that people keep harping on this mostly because I’ve known about the Bran the Broken thing for a while. The show should have def made sure to reference this more though early on besides Tyrion mentioning broken things back in season 1.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“Bran the Broken?! How about Bran the Wise? Bran the All Powerful? Bran the Magnificent?!”

BirdPerson and David87 like this.