Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 612

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

One of my favorite things is the internet saying shit like "with the starbucks cup you'd think they'd have learned" as if they didnt film this a year ago

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m honestly kind of shocked that they didn’t force some underpaid kid to go through every single scene with a fine-tooth comb after that mess.

I still want to know if that second bottle by Gendry was legit.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  3. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Any insight into whether they had Jon not pet Ghost on purpose knowing people would go crazy only to come around at the end and make it a point for Jon to pet Ghost when he's frowning and ignoring everyone else? If so, A+ trolling.

4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I can't take the tweets seriously about how it's still all dudes ruling or that it should have been a democracy seriously like that would have at all been fitting for the story's "time" - predicting those reactions is partly why the democracy scene was p funny.

5. Victor Eremita

The story's time? Its a fictional world and time though...

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

hence the time in quotes.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Brienne is on the Small Council and Sansa rules as Queen in the North. Arya's running her own sailing expedition. I don't think the women got ignored or kept from power:shrug:

8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It was 100% just lazy storytelling — writing that whole scene in 804 as a clean send-off to Sam/Gilly/Tormund/Ghost, just to be like “yeah uh actually not really never mind” lol

Victor Eremita likes this.
  9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Speaking of Sam, they just didn’t even bother with him lol. It would make sense for him to go back home or be Grand Maester if the Night’s Watch was abolished like it should have been, but he never actually quit them like Jon did

MrAirplane likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sam being in that position so fast seemed very surprising to me as well. I also wish there had been a scene of Jim Broadbent having to take in all of the information from the season, would have made for some great acting from one of my favorites.

coleslawed, MrAirplane and David87 like this.
  11. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Honestly Dany being portrayed as a revolutionary never set well with me. I felt like, in large part, her moves to free slaves were transactional in that she got an army out of it. She’s still really just part of a royal lineage who feels entitled to the throne by birthright. The talk about “breaking the wheel” felt varying degrees of organic at times, I guess, but ultimately it would have just represented the Targaryens taking power again after, like, a 20 year break.

I felt like the message of the show was anti-revolution, but the person pushing for said revolution was already part of the ruling class so it wasn’t even actually revolutionary!

And what big reform do you get in the end? Instead of birthright, a small circle of noble Lords and Ladies of Westeros handpick the new king who is ....... part of one of those noble families.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I would have settled for a scene of the guy at the front lobby glaring at Sam saying "this is highly irregular."

coleslawed likes this.
  13. dorfmac

Trusted

Two questions:

Did we ever find out who varys letters were sent to?

Did we ever learn about the white walkers stone designs/why they made them?

14. I've been getting yelled at by people IRL for this take since Meereen

15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Presumably all of the people that conveniently arrived at the dragon pit some weeks after the murder lol

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Honestly was ready for Tyrion to say “what about Venezuela” when he was talking with Jon about killing Dany

Anna Acosta and Victor Eremita like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Things would have been so different if her claims about herself had been challenged more (and for legitimate reasons) throughout the entire series. This shouldn’t have been something that went by as an unwelcome fan theory for most of the run.

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

It seems like forever ago that she locked up her dragons in chains because they killed one innocent child

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just incase you missed it, George wrote this yesterday...

God I hope he's done actually writing and we're just at the editing stage at this point. I know he said somewhere in the past that he'd send like 2-300 pages over to his editor at a time and then have to do re-writes and shit to fix everything. I Hope that's the stage we're at.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

If the books actually get released, and the ending is different than the show, I'm gonna read the whole series.

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ok so an idea I had was: Jamie knights Brienne, Brienne dies helping Arya get to the night king, Jamie, Overcome with grief and unable to know what to do, goes to the one other person who ever loved him and dies. He cries to her as they die, and she comforts him. They both die finally expressing the emotion they hid all their life.

Him: fear
    Her: kindness

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It won't be but it will be MUCH better fleshed out.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

You should read it anyway, it is really really good.

I said it earlier today but I think if the ending is different, it's that Jon's ending is less happy and he dies. It doesn't seem likely that Jon or Dany will be sitting on the throne at the end, so if that's the case, my money is on they both die.

24. Victor Eremita

Do you think Arya sails west without any seafaring experience? In the books that’s a death sentence.

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I don't want to start a series that won't ever be finished, and I am a little leery about the
    description of how his writing style 'slowed down' in the later books somewhat similar to Robert Jordan's in the Wheel of Time. Especially those two things together.

coleslawed likes this.