Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 583

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Yeah I’m buying the inflight WiFi so I can follow along with twitter and this thread

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I’m genuinely hoping we can watch it at the show rehearsals I’m at at 3am on the stage LED. Not sure a 50 metre screen is big enough

dylan likes this.
  3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m very sad this is ending. I have thoroughly enjoyed these years, but do look forward to prolonging the story by reading the books in a year or so!

teebs41 likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I always find those documents so cool.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder what the best order to read all the books from the world would be. I've had fun reading the series and then reading all the extra books and realizing later what certain things in the novels were referencing now with more information from the rest of the world, but maybe reading some of the other books first would make the books make more sense for people. Just off the top of my head, this is how I'd prob read them now...

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

A Game of Thrones
    A Clash of Kings
    A Storm of Swords
    A Feast for Crows
    A Dance With Dragons

The World of Ice and Fire
    Fire and Blood Pt. 1

But I could def see putting those last two before the main series to go into the main series with as much background knowledge of the world as possible.

I also can't speak to some of the various other short stories out there from George connected to the world because i haven't read them. I also feel like there's another book I'm missing but...can't think of one.

6. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Gonna be crazy when Chris Underwood wins the throne tonight #incrediblynichejokes

dylan likes this.
  7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I can’t wait for everyone to be so upset lolololol

Signifire, dylan and GrantCloud like this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Bourbon ginger mead chilling for later. Didn’t have time to plan any meal so we’re having sushi instead. Lol.

waking season and dylan like this.
  9. chris

Trusted Supporter

took me a week to realize the conversation at the beginning of last episode between Varys and that little girl was about an attempt to poison Dany so idk maybe I need even less subtlety

David87 likes this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Real world scary shit but I still appreciate the reference.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  11. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I read an article on that too today. I totally missed it.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Gonna peace out til later tonight. Happy finale night. Gonna stay off twitter too

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Let's get this over with lol

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Just rewatched a good chunk of last week's. I wonder what Tyrion's favor ask of Davos was? Couldn't have just been the bell thing.

15. Get a boat outside for Jaime/Cersei

16. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Ah yeah, that makes sense.

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Re watching Ep 3 now on one of the HBOs, and it's really making me realize it's all ending. Fuck man. I've never been a big TV watcher, at least in terms of finding new shows and watching them week to week to conclusion, not to mention being heavily invested in the storyline and characters. This is by far the longest running show I've watched from the beggining, lie every week, that is ending (well, Psych, but way different types of shows there lol). The Leftovers only had 3 seasons so not as long a time in my life, The Walking Dead is super inconsistent and obviously not over yet.

Thinking back to how emotionally invested I was in characters that I watched die. How disappointed I was when Stannis lost the Blackwater, how excited I was for THE KING IN THE NORTH, the devastation of the Red Wedding, Joffrey getting his, Oberyn, Hardhome, Jon's death, Hodor and Summer, Grey Wind, Lady, BotB and Ramsey getting his, all the political intrigue throughout the show, etc. and so on and so on. Even this season with Jorah, The Hound, Rhaegal, Theon, Lyanna, and I'm sure we're gonna lose at least one more this week.

It's gonna be tough saying goodbye to this show. I'm so grateful they introduced me to the world of ice and fire that I am now obsessed with the way others have obsessed over Star Wars, LOTR, Star Trek, etc. and so on. My wife is due with our first kid in August and I'm already looking forward to watching this with him when he's 17ish or whatever.

smowashere, coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  18. It’s been an honor shitposting with everyone.

Kinda sad rn tbh

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“The real Game of Thrones was the friends we made along the way,” but unironically.

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

we’ll still have it for weeks to come, at the very least.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Anybody watching this tonight?

CarpetElf and GrantCloud like this.
  22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Here we go

23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they’re making a real pitch for everyone to not end their subscriptions after tonight

awwgereee, aliens exist and David87 like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone who only subscribed for GOT was missing out anyway. There’s always so much else going for it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Westworld season 3 looks pretty interesting.